Social Media & Community Management
Motivated Movers is looking for a Social Media Intern to grow our brand presence across all social media channels including (but not limited to) Instagram, Instagram Story, Facebook, LinkedIn and TikTok. The Social Media Intern will assist in evolving our content strategy by coming up with innovative content ideas and creative social media campaigns while being on the cutting edge of all things dance and wellness.
The internship will work closely with our Executive Director and Creative Director to expand our reach and strengthen engagements within the community.
This is a remote position and the internship hours will remain flexible (approx. 5 hours/week)
Duration of the internship is flexible and to be determined with the right candidate.
- Support content calendar management across all social channels.
- Create engaging social media content
- Develop a sustainable launch strategy for TikTok and LinkedIn
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of social media content and campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Create engaging and educational brand stories to tell through visual and written content.
- Strong passion for dance and/or wellness, preferably someone with prior experience in the performing arts.
- Align with our brand’s mission and values.
- Relate to the unique challenges adults face when it comes to trying something new (dance) or cultivating wellness in their life.
- Attention to detail – ensuring you’re crossing your T’s and dotting your I’s for maximum efficiency.
- Strong familiarity with social media channels and proven ability to create engaging content, at least on one’s personal channels.
- A motivated self-starter with a creative eye, attention to detail and entrepreneurial character.
- Master juggler - ability to balance multiple projects at once with autonomy.
- Video editing skills.
- Experience with Canva or Adobe.
- Free programming with Motivated Movers. (Dance training and career coaching)
- The chance to make a difference - evolving our community culture and building empathetic dance education opportunities.
- Ongoing support from our Motivated Team while learning new skills, enhanced by your natural gifts.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Introduction of who you are and what you think we should know about you
- Explanation of your experience/relationship with social media
- Why Motivated Movers? What about our work is connecting with you?
- Reminder, this is a growing opportunity. Your resume and credentials are not mission-critical. We just want to get an idea of who you are and how you can contribute.
Meet Motivated Movers
Motivated Movers is a community powered by artists and volunteers dedicated to making the power of dance and creative movement accessible to all.
We are a home for every body to embrace their inner dancer and explore the liberating joy of dance. We are also a supportive space for emerging and professional artists to harness the power of storytelling through movement while building the confidence and dance technique needed to thrive in the musical theatre industry.