Social Media and Communications Assistant | Steppenwolf Theatre Company
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Social Media and Communications Assistant. This position reports to Senior Communications Director and Senior Marketing Director. Seeking a candidate who is a team player and will be an enthusiastic contributor to the entire Marketing and Communications Department.
- Curate and create content for Steppenwolf’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, that embraces the brand, engages followers and generates revenue
- Curate and create content for Steppenwolf’s Front Bar’s social channels
- Strive to catapult Steppenwolf’s social media following to increase “x” %, consistently make recommendations with a mix of experimentation and best practices recommendation
- Develop, coordinate and execute campaign-specific social campaigns in collaboration with PR, Marketing, Creative and external digital ad partners (examples: Capacity Interactive, Bucketlisters, Yelp, etc.)
- Create dynamic visual content and copy for revenue- brand- and/or mission-driven campaigns
- Support paid social ad campaigns by pulling CRM lists, keyword research for lookalike audiences, etc., for expanding ad reach to intended prospect audience(s)
- Manage social content calendars, updating and sharing on a regular basis to coordinate internal team and external partner needs
- Be an active voice in the strategy and development of Steppenwolf’s organic social media and social media advertising, with an eye toward results (engagement, ROI, KPIs, etc.).
- Track, analyze and report out weekly in department meetings on social media metrics
- Actively participate in department meetings, brainstorm new ways to reach audiences through social channels
- Adhere to brand voice, brand guidelines and creative campaign strategy as set by the Creative Director Manage customer service requests and messages received through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Provide on-the-ground social media coverage at Steppenwolf events and opening nights
- When appropriate, conduct interviews with Steppenwolf ensemble and artists to generate original press and social media content
- Coordinate with publicity on announcement timing and sharing on social platforms
- Curate, organize and oversee VIP social influencer nights for each production
- Cultivate relationships with social media influencers for the invite list
- Lead the execution of Steppenwolf’s program books (playbills). This includes managing all program book schedules and maintaining deadlines; soliciting, compiling, and editing all copy; rough drafts and communicating edits to the design team.
- Manage program insert schedules, field incoming stuffer trades and cross-departmental requests.
Website content publishing and editing
- Support in creating, posting and editing content through multiple Content Management Systems for the front end of our website, maintaining accuracy and relevancy.
- Responsible for posting and updating cast bios to website in collaboration with PR.
- Additional general website copy updates as needed.
Misc. / General Support
- This position provides general support to the entire marketing and communications department on an ongoing basis.
- This may include coordination or assistance at events including press nights, scheduling meetings, invoice processing and other assigned tasks as needed/time permitting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of work experience in social media marketing, public relations, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in new and emerging social media tools and platforms.
- Strong communications and organizational skills required.
- Excellent writing skills and a strong attention to detail required.
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Strong interest in theater and the arts.
- Computer efficiency in Wordfly, Photoshop, Dropbox, and Tessitura.
- DSLR camera experience preferred but not required.
- Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.