Site Manager (Temporary PT)
Site Managers (Temporary Part-Time Role)
The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking Site Managers to oversee activities and ensure safe operations in OTS buildings and other locations as appropriate. They will serve as an ambassador and advocate for the School.
Locations: Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park
- Experience managing events preferred.
- Experience with customer service and setting boundaries with participants required.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- An understanding of COVID-19 safety protocols is preferred.
- A willingness to set up and break down classrooms and other areas in the building is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed.
- Ability to think on one’s feet and adapt to changing situations is required.
- Ability to carry out emergency protocol in event of fire, inclement weather or other crises is required.
- Access to a personal smartphone during shift is required.
Summary of Duties:
- Ensure compliance with all OTS safety protocols. Address concerns directly as they arise. Report issues to operations and education department managers.
- Manage program operations for the assigned shift.
- Serve as a resource for teachers.
- Ensure set up and break down of assigned location(s) as needed in accordance with OTS protocols, including signage.
- Manage the check-in process where appropriate and direct participants to their locations.
- Track attendance and monitor the number of participants and caregivers where appropriate.
- Coordinate with program management, customer service, and maintenance staff as needed.
- Oversee volunteer staff where appropriate.
- Ensure rooms are cleaned where needed.
- Secure property and open/close building as needed.
- Do a sweep of classrooms at the end of each evening.
- Complete assigned checklist.
The position requires the ability to see, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If interested and qualified, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.
About Old Town School of Folk Music
Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music (“OTSFM”) is the largest community school of the arts in the U.S. and a non-profit organization committed to celebrating American music and global cultures. Founded in 1957, Old Town School provides a wide range of music, dance, and arts courses to people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Whatever one's interest, Old Town School provides broad access to more than 700 weekly class offerings, a broad array of private lessons, and over 400 concerts and community events per year.
Old Town School of Folk Music opened its Lincoln Square facility in 1998 and expanded in 2012. The Old Town School operates two campuses located in Chicago's Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park neighborhoods that include world-class concert halls, classrooms, an award-winning music store, and a music resource center. Online classes were introduced in 2020 and students from nearly every state and a dozen countries participated over the course of the pandemic. Children's classes are also held at several suburban satellite locations. More information is available at oldtownschool.org