The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking Site Managers to oversee activities and ensure safe operations in Old Town School buildings and other locations as appropriate. They will serve as an ambassador and advocate for the School.
Locations: Lincoln Square, Lincoln Park and South Loop locations
- Experience managing events.
- Experience with customer service and setting boundaries with participants.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- An understanding of COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to think on one's feet and adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to carry out emergency protocol in event of fire, inclement weather or other crises.
- Access to a personal smartphone during shift.
Summary of Duties:
- Ensure compliance with all Old Town School safety protocols including but not limited to social distancing and mask wearing (for age 2 and over). Address concerns directly as they arise. Report issues to Education team managers.
- Manage program operations for the assigned shift.
- Serve as a resource for teachers.
- Ensure set up and break down of assigned location(s) as needed in accordance with Old Town School protocols, including signage.
- Ensure participants (or parents) have completed the online self-attestation form and follow up with them as necessary.
- Manage the check in process and direct participants to their locations.
- Track attendance and monitor the number of participants and caregivers where appropriate.
- Monitor amount of people using bathrooms and elevators.
- Sanitize equipment for class.
- Coordinate with program management, customer service, and maintenance staff as needed.
- Oversee volunteer staff where appropriate.
- Ensure rooms are cleaned where needed.
- Secure property and open/close building as needed.
- Complete assigned checklist.
The position requires the ability to see, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, push, and pull. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To be considered for this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.