Sister Act Director
Sister Act Director
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The theater houses 329-seats which hosts hundreds of produced and presented performances each year including a Main Stage subscription series and a variety of concerts, comedy, and cabarets.
The Director is responsible for staging script and music as a celebratory, comedic production. They are also responsible for casting, contributing to the rehearsal schedule, and supervision/management of rehearsals. The Director will work closely with the Assistant Director, Stage Manager, Production Manager, and artistic team to realize the artistic vision of the show. Please note: Metropolis actively seeks BIPOC, AAPI, and Female-Identifying directors with comedic experience.
- 3+ years of Directing experience (preferably Musicals)
- 2+ years of experience with improvisational styles, sketch comedy, and/or other comedy training
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative, dialectical manner
- The ability to give precise, constructive feedback
- Active listening skills
- The ability to moderate, express concerns, and ask for assistance
- Additional experience in theatrical performance, such as particular acting and dance techniques, is a plus but not a requirement
- Meet with the Production Manager and Artistic Director to determine the needs of the production
- Be responsible for casting, with the assistance of the Casting Director
- Rehearse the script, and music as needed, with the assistance of the Music Director
- Attend production meetings, create and/or revise rehearsal schedules, attend rehearsals, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, understudy rehearsals, and preview performances
- Meet with creative staff and designers to determine appropriate design elements within the given design budgets
- Ensure high production quality by attending understudy or cast rehearsals as needed
- Be available for photo calls, interviews, and other press and promotional activities that may be reasonably requested by the Producer
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is an inclusive workplace and actively seeks theatre artists of diverse, intersectional life experiences and perspectives, economic and cultural backgrounds, and abilities.
The health and safety of our performers, crew, staff, and patrons are our first priority. As such, prior to any in-person callbacks, rehearsals, and performances, performers, crew, and staff will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine. Under the policy, performers, crew, and staff must show proof of vaccination with a matching I.D. at their time of entry into the Metropolis Theatre complex spaces.
TO APPLY Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org