Shipping Specialist - Auction House
Potter & Potter Auctions is looking to hire an experienced Shipping Specialist to join its Shipping Department. Reporting to the Shipping Manager, the Shipping Specialist is responsible for the timely and safe packing and transportation of fragile, one-of-a-kind items sold at Potter Auctions, as well as some inventory management duties. This is a full-time, hourly position and candidates must be available to work on Saturday auction per month.
Packing, shipping, maintaining a clean and organized work area, unloading inbound shipments, organizing auction inventory, and assisting with various property management duties as needed.
Shipping Department Responsibilities:
- Ensures that auction and retail orders are fulfilled in accordance with the Potter and Potter Shipping standards along shipping deadlines.
- Attentively pulling and organizing inventory for shipments based on auction invoices.
- Assisting the Shipping Manager to process shipping labels using FedEx and USPS.
- Assisting with the packing oversized items for third-party transit.
- Working to maintain a clean and organized workspace, unloading and organizing shipping supplies on a biweekly basis.
- Assisting the Shipping Manager with organizing and logging auction inventory before sales to efficiently pull items for shipping.
- Assisting with unloading all inbound shipments.
- Working with the Finance & Operations Manager as needed for various inventory management needs.
- Assisting in organizing inventory within warehouse storage, acting as a first point of contact for moving inventory across departments.
- Occasionally assist in offsite work, such as white glove delivery and packing consignments for storage within Potter & Potter.
- Demonstratable experience packing and shipping both domestic and international shipments, familiarity with FedEx and USPS shipping software a plus.
- Proven track record of handling and packing fragile, expensive, and unique art and antiques. Art handlers highly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Driver’s License
Hourly wage commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package available.
Potter & Potter Auctions is a rapidly growing Chicago auction house that sells fine art, antiques, and collectibles including unusual, unique, and one-of-a-kind objects in a wide range of categories. The work environment is fast-paced and the job challenging, but it is also rewarding and fascinating; things you are unlikely to encounter anywhere else will cross your path on a daily basis. The company is most interested in hiring a positive, hardworking, and self-starting individual to fill the role and grow with the company.