Sewing and Fashion Youth Camp Instructor: Summer 2023
The Evanston Art Center is looking for one or two instructors to develop and teach sewing and fashion design for EAC Youth Summer Camps 2023. A successful candidate will be an experienced instructor with great familiarity and experience in teaching art and design to youth students (in particular, fashion design, sewing, and construction). There is potential for the teaching artist to teach regular classes for adults and youth throughout the year. Sewing and Fashion Camps will be offered for ages 9-11, 12-14, and high school. Instructors should feel comfortable teaching all three age groups.
The EAC summer camps run from June 7 through August 18, 2023. Each summer camp is one week long.
Below is a list of camp ideas we would like to develop:
- Fashion Design and Construction
- Beginning Sewing
- Fashion Illustration
- Fashion Accessories
About the Evanston Art Center: The Evanston Art Center is dedicated to fostering the appreciation and expression of the arts among diverse audiences by offering extensive and innovative instruction in broad areas of artistic endeavor through classes, exhibitions, interactive arts activities, and community outreach. The EAC strives to be widely recognized as a dynamic art education and exhibition center. It encourages freedom of artistic expression and enriches cultural life. The EAC is a hub of artistic endeavors, a passionate advocate for the arts, and a valuable partner for arts initiatives. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 5+ examples of artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please include:
- Summary of your teaching experience and your approach to teaching
- Why you are interested in teaching at the Evanston Art Center
- Background in sewing and fashion design
- General availability for Summer 2023
Expectations of Evanston Art Center Instructors:
- At least 1-2 years of teaching experience in school or community center settings.
- Must have design, sewing, and clothing construction experience.
- Experience and interest in working with various youth ages.
- Ability to develop and implement new curriculum for camps.
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring participants are fully engaged.
- Able to work with students of various skill levels (beginner to advanced).
- Ability to collaborate/work well with administrative staff and other teachers.
- Promotion of innovation and learning.