Seeking Associate Board Members!
Awakenings: Associate Board Members
- Awakenings & Our Mission: Awakenings is an arts organization dedicated to making visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. We currently help survivors heal through art by providing year-round programming at our gallery space in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago. Through showcasing survivor art, our programming provides a safe space and supportive community for survivors who wish to share their stories, and also educates the public about the reality of sexual assault through rotating art exhibits, a digital literary magazine, concerts, and other performances.
- Key Responsibilities & Duties: The Awakenings Associate board is comprised of individuals passionate about our organization’s mission of making visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. The primary functions of this volunteer board are fundraising and ambassadorship for the organization and our year round arts programming for survivors. AB members are provided the opportunity to network with other professionals with dedication to this issue area as well as professional development & training opportunities in a creative and celebratory environment. Associate Board members will help to increase awareness of Awakenings work and programs to their personal network through social media, word of mouth, and through introductions. Awakenings is at a critical growth period and Associate Board members play a key role in the strategic growth of our organization.
- Duration & Time Commitment:
- Commitment to one year minimum of active membership
- Attendance at monthly meetings- currently held the first Monday of every month from 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Attendance at 25% of Awakenings’ programs each year. (Awakenings typically holds 1-3 events and programs each month)
- Attendance at any Associate Board specific fundraising events.
- Participation in all Awakenings fundraising or outreach campaigns
Associate Board Members have a “Give/Get” of $250 per person per fiscal year: This can be money raised from bringing friends to events, donation of or securing donation of services, and/or personal donations.
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to: