Seeking a Studio/Illustration Assistant for Wonder City Studio
Wonder City Studio is a small, Ravenswood-based visual arts company. We create artwork that honors the architecture and history of places worth preserving, with a special love for Chicago.
We're looking for a part-time assistant to help us during the week with a variety of tasks outlined below.
• Hours: 8 hrs/week. 4 hrs two days a week, from 12PM - 4PM (we have some flexibility on which days. We also occasionally have a need for more hours during busier times.)
• Pay: $18/hour
• Start date: ASAP
• Work location is at our Ravenswood, Chicago-based studio (not remote/home-based)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Preparing online orders for shipment and for retail/wholesale/shows
• Assisting with tasks related to ceramics (preparing clay, rolling slabs, etc)
• Assisting with tasks related to drawing in pen and ink and digital color
• Ordering production supplies, keeping track of levels and stocks
• Customer service
• Helping keep the studio organized and neat
• Assisting with preparation for shows/fairs (display prep, helping load-in/out, etc)
• General miscellaneous tasks needed around studio
Requirements and preferences
• High attention to detail
• Knack for organization, punctuality, and efficiency
• Good writing skills/communication
• Enjoy some repetitive tasks (the ones where you can zone out and listen to music/podcasts)
• NICE TO HAVE: Great free-handing drawing skills
• NICE TO HAVE: Proficiency with ceramic arts
• ALSO NICE BONUS: Interest in Chicago architecture and history!
What we need from you:
Please email us a brief cover letter, resume, and portfolio.