Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Seasonal Play & Learning Facilitator
- Excellent customer service; provide inclusive physical and verbal cues that let the visitor know we are approachable and knowledgeable about the museum, its philosophy, exhibits and programs.
- Exemplary play and learning facilitation; model positive, educational, creative and respectful ways to interact with children and their caregivers through play.
- Facilitate age-appropriate, exhibit-based activities that engage children and parents/caregivers in the play and learning experience.
- Facilitate a range of scheduled and drop-in special programs that extend the museum’s offerings.
- Create and maintain a physical environment that is comfortable and engaging for both adults and children; facilitate in the opening and closing of exhibits/stations including continually resetting the environment.
- Support, train, and mentor new play and learning facilitators and volunteers.
- Attend all staff meetings including daily opening/closing meetings, monthly guest connections staff meetings, museum-wide all-staff meetings and other meetings deemed relevant by the Director of Guest Connections.
- Staff special events and other assignments on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College experience preferred; concentration in Education, Child Development, Theater, Art, Recreation, Communications or related field.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in working with children and families from a diversity of backgrounds.
- Dynamic facilitator required. Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, outgoing and energetic--be willing to play.
- Excellent communication skills--can effectively communicate to visitors the educational content and value of museum exhibits and programs.
- Stamina and physical endurance to be on the museum floor most of the day maintaining quality interaction with museum visitors.
- Ability to take direction well and work without constant supervision; ability to work well within a team
- Enthusiasm for learning and mastering new skills on an ongoing basis
- Willingness to be certified in First Aid and CPR with the American Red Cross through institution-offered courses
- Bilingual skills a plus
Hours: This is a seasonal part-time/non-exempt position, including weekdays, weekends and evenings, to be determined by museum needs.