Sales Manager - Part Time
Supervises a team consisting of several part-time Patron Services Associates on assignment for the Preferred Services division of the CSOA’s Sales & Patron Experience Team. Supports the Preferred Services Manager in the areas of sales, prospect research, personnel management and order entry. This role is eligible for select commission and bonus incentives.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides leadership support for the Preferred Services division of the CSOA’s Sales & Patron Experience Team, fostering a diverse, inclusive and empowered team.
2. Drives sales revenue goals and campaign initiatives by making outbound connections, maintaining leads and identifying prospects.
3. Implements strategy for Preferred Services division, focused on outbound sales calls to select lead groups, including current and potential subscribers, single ticket buyers, group sales clients and VIP patrons.
4. Manages part-time Patron Services Associates while on assignment with the Preferred Services division, including training, maintaining documentation, and monitoring performance.
5. Implements standards for customer service, sales revenue goals, and campaign initiatives.
6. Coordinates staffing, scheduling and ticket order entry with Patron Services Manager and Supervisors.
7. Coordinates various aspects of ticket sales, including order processing procedures for both the subscription campaign and the single ticket campaign, as related to telemarketing, groups, and VIP ticket sales.
8. Monitors patron comments/feedback, and filters information to other departments.
9. Assists with staff scheduling, payroll and commission/bonus administration.
10. Assists with maintaining outbound phone and lead generation systems, including Tessitura and other software.
11. Builds a high-performing and agile team by providing continual training and learning opportunities.
12. Represents the organization at conferences, trade shows and other events.
13. Assists with general operations and additional tasks as needed.
1. Reports directly to the Preferred Services Manager, and also receives direction from the Director of Sales & Patron Experience.
2. Supervises part-time Patron Services Associates on assignment for the Preferred Services division.
3. Works in partnership with a second Sales Manager.
4. Coordinates work with Patron Services Manager and Patron Services Supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. At least four years of progressively successful subscription, telemarketing, or group sales experience.
2. Excitement for considering new ideas and pursuing a deeper understanding of unfamiliar insights.
3. Equivalent work experience in group sales, telemarketing, customer service, and/or ticketing.
4. Knowledge/appreciation of classical and jazz music and experience in the performing arts field.
5. Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
6. Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
7. Experience using ticketing/database systems (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
8. Excitement for considering new ideas and pursuing a deeper understanding of unfamiliar insights.
Collaborative, transparent, team-oriented work environment. Evenings and weekends may be required.