Sales Associate/Gallery Assistant
Pistachios is an established contemporary art jewelry gallery. We are looking to hire a dynamic, outgoing, organized, results-driven individual for a part time (2-3 days a week) sales associate position. Our ideal candidate has strong proven sales and customer service experience, excellent communication skills, and is able to work independently as well as in a group. In addition to selling, daily tasks may include maintaining the gallery and visual displays, processing sales, following up with customer inquiries, and assisting with social media marketing and photo editing.
Based in Chicago for 25 years, Pistachios specializes in contemporary art jewelry, glass, and sculptural objects created by some of the most talented and cutting edge artists from around the world. We are a small supportive team seeking a natural sales leader to join us.
- Sales-driven with impeccable customer service skills; educate and style clients
- Process in-store and on-line sales
- Field email and phone inquiries
- Maintain gallery (merchandising, cleaning jewelry, dusting, etc.)
- Pack items for shipping
- Create relevant content for Instagram (text, photos, videos, etc.)
- Photograph and edit jewelry; upload website images
- Assist with exhibition installations
- 2+ years relevant sales and customer service experience (luxury/high end goods a plus; knowledge of jewelry/metals/gemstones a plus)
- Strong leadership, attention to details, and problem solving
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of social media marketing and basic Adobe Photoshop
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Team sales goal bonuses
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Featured artist openings and exhibitions
Hourly wage offer is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered, email a cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.