This is a part-time position that provides sales, administrative, and clerical support to the Gallery Directors.
The successful candidate will have at least three years experience in related art gallery business with a focus on sales and/or customer service; have excellent writing and research skills, and be able to perform well in a fast-paced, open office environment. Candidate should be able to prioritize, multitask and anticipate needs for the job and be highly organized.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Directors during client meetings; draft correspondence; research artists, artworks and exhibitions; coordinate email blasts and maintain contact lists
- Support Directors with Public Relations efforts and press outreach
- Assist in production of Social Media content with both interns and Director
- Oversee and maintain gallery's online accounts, such as Gallery Manager & Artsy
- Possess working knowledge of inventory management software to help the registrar with cataloging inventory and photo archiving
- Greet gallery visitors/clients and engage with public
- Manage & assist organizing gallery openings, events, special projects, and art fairs
- Possess knowledge of Photoshop for basic designs of print ads & invitations
- Maintain web content for the gallery's website, including current and upcoming exhibitions, artist CVs, press articles, digital imagery, and coordinate with digital firms to ensure proper content management of websites
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedule and organize calendar, travel, and expenses
• Assist with planning of art fairs, attend domestic & int’l art fairs as needed
• Assist with artist liaison duties
• Track artists’ payments and/or commissions
• Answer phones and take messages
• Assist the Directors and other staff in the management of gallery schedule
• Office management: order supplies, oversee maintenance of gallery space
• Work independently on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the Directors, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple commissions, disseminating information, and organizing company-wide events
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Photoshop)
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
Previous gallery sales or luxury retail experience
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Photoshop
Position is part-time
Pay is commensurate with experience
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to Claire Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.