Research Assistant for an Arts Ed Nonprofit
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) engages external, university-based researchers who work with our program staff to create research plans, define methods of measurement, and collect, analyze, and report on data from our classrooms. This approach to arts education research allows us to continually improve our programs and contribute proven best practices back to the field. As one of the first arts integration practitioner organizations in the country, external researchers looked to CAPE’s innovative model in the 1990’s to understand the impact of arts integration on teaching and learning. In an ongoing effort to deepen the field’s understanding of arts integrated teaching and learning, CAPE continually engages external researchers to conduct short-term and longitudinal studies each year.
CAPE is currently seeking a part-time research assistant for an ongoing study in the southern suburb of Park Forest, IL. Research Assistants are responsible for completing training led by the Principal Investigator of the study, Dr. Louanne Smolin and conducting onsite interviews in Park Forest public schools. The study focuses on the impact of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) integration-based professional development on teacher professional development and student learning outcomes.
CAPE is an equal opportunity employer and we’re eager to recruit a diverse pool of candidates who reflect all the talents, values, and experiences that Chicago has to offer.
- Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
- Status: Part time
- Hours: 10-20 hours per week
- Location: Primarily at school sites in Park Forest-Chicago Heights, with occasional meetings at the CAPE office in the Loop
- Reports to: Associate Director of Education
- Application Deadline: October 18, 2019
The Research Assistant will be responsible for:
- Conducting interviews with 3rd through 5th grade students
- Data entry
- Database creation
- Data cleaning
- Email communications with teachers and school administrators
- Scheduling study logistics and coordination of research activities
- Regular meetings with the Principal Investigator and STEAM Ahead Research Team
- Experience working with students, data collection, and interviewing preferred.
- Personal car for transportation to Park Forest-Chicago Heights sites is required.
Please direct all inquiries, cover letters, resumes and CV’s to:
Associate Director of Education, Community Programs and Research
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE)