About MIR Appraisal Services
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. has been appraising fine art and personal property since 1994. We are a small, professional fine art and personal property appraisal company with a main office in Chicago, IL and a second location in Burr Ridge, IL. Our clients include religious organizations, insurance agencies, law firms, educational institutions, government organizations, libraries, public parks, and museums & historical societies, as well as the general public.
MIR Appraisal Services Inc. is seeking one full-time and one part-time Research Assistant for our small, downtown Chicago office who will provide general administrative support and appraisal research assistance to MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. operations. The Research Assistant should have a background in art and antiques, possess a positive attitude, and be driven to make a difference. Our small office environment fosters an immersive professional experience where candidates will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of the appraisal and advisory process and learn something new every day.
The primary responsibilities for the role include:
- General office assistance for downtown location
- Assist in writing and editing appraisal reports
- Manage and keep track of inventory on Artwork Archive
- Bachelor’s degree in art history or related field, graduate degree a plus
- Cumulative 3 or more years of proven experience in related art field,
- Auction house and appraisal experience strongly desired
- Quick learner, motivated to see results, and dependable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, and organizational skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, photo editing applications, and social media
Benefits: Healthcare and paid vacations are available for full-time employees.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references.