Remote Learning Curriculum Creator (Temporary Contract Work)
Occupational Summary: Creates Remote Lesson Plans, Unit Plans, and Introductory Videos for School-aged curriculum.
Project summary: These unit plans will be used to begin a new remote learning option for schools and students around greater Illinois. Our goals are to connect with curriculum that is already taking place in Elementary schools (K-8), and supplement with music and music history learning. For these remote learning options, videos and curriculum will be provided to partner schools, along with an instructor who will be a coach and a special guest in the classroom (and paid for that time). There may be opportunities to expand on these initial offerings, scaffolding additional music learning, and setting up additional unit plans for other instruments or continuation of beginner plans.
Note: This is a temporary non-union administrative role for the purpose of creating OTS-owned curriculum.
- Two years of experience teaching and creating curriculum for one of the subjects below preferred:
- Great Migration // Blues
- Hawaii // Ukulele
- Hip hop: from the Caribbean to the Bronx // Percussion
- Familiarity with Illinois State Arts and Learning Standards; experience from youth instruction in IL
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Independent and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Google platform, data entry, internet and email
- Has experience teaching youth grades K-8 remotely
- Has experience creating video content
Examples of Duties:
- Create 8-week virtual curriculum for specified content area, including overall unit plan, lesson plans, materials, and connect to state and national standards
- Create 2 intro videos for specified content area
Anticipated Time to Complete Work:
- 5 hours per week: research, writing and prep work, for 4 weeks
- 8 hours total to create the video content
- Meetings with Program Manager as needed
Pay information: Paid on a contract basis upon final completion of project.
Physical Requirements: This work involves the following physical activities: typing, phone and video calls, feeling, talking, visual and hearing acuity. The work is performed indoors.
For consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org