Registrar - DOCUMENT Gallery
DOCUMENT Gallery in Chicago, IL is seeking an experienced, motivated, full-time registrar to join our team starting June 2021. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Obtain shipping quotes, organize and oversee local, domestic and international shipments
- Arrange for safe and timely delivery of client purchases
- Maintain and organize physical inventory at the gallery
- Enter, manage and update all inventory records in our database and organize digital files
- Write consignments, loan agreements and Certificates of Authenticity
- Manage and coordinate schedules and transport for installation of exhibitions, art fairs and loans
- Prepare and pack artworks for shipments
- Receive and Release shipments
- Maintain and update website and digital photographic archive
- General assistance in daily operations of the gallery and when the Owner and Director are traveling.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as gallery assistant, registrar or related field
- Experience in handling and installing artworks, and organizing art shipments
- Demonstrated interest in the contemporary art world at large
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and work as part of a small team.
- Ability to create clear and organized schedules
- Friendly, positive and professional manner
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite, Mac and Google Suite
- Understanding of industry best practices for the handling, packing, shipping, and conservation of contemporary art
- Excellent phone and email demeanor and customer service
- Strong ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and create clear and organized schedules.
To apply for this position send your resume, cover letter and two references to Sibylle Friche: email@example.com