Receptionist | The Art Center Highland Park
The Art Center, a not for profit organization, is the North Shore’s home for artistic discovery and creative exploration. Through innovative programs, exhibitions, and classes designed for all levels and ages, The Art Center provides a welcoming space for our diverse communities to experience and participate in the arts.
The Receptionist is a key team player who maintains office operations and procedures in a fast paced environment. The front desk receptionist is the first line of contact with the public both in-person and over the phone. Receptionist will support staff primarily through clerical work. Ideal candidate will begin as soon as possible and work Tuesday-Saturday from 10-4 with possible additional hours for events. $12-14/hour.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
• Answer the phone, handle email inquiries, welcome guests to TAC and ensure they are helped or introduced to the correct person. In addition to providing customer service to the public they will be responsible for managing the internal staff communication.
• Create and maintain all organizational forms, including letters and applications.
• Assist with TAC gift shop, which includes sales, inventory maintenance and payment processing.
• Support the bookkeeper and the curator where needed.
• Assist with Social Media as necessary.
• Purchase and maintain an inventory of all office supplies.
• Assist with registration of students in-person and over the phone.
• Process all payments for classes, including mailed, online and phoned-in payments.
• Order class supplies
• Assist the development efforts for TAC, which includes accepting donations, assisting with donor correspondence and tax receipts.
• Support development staff prior to and during all fundraising events.
• Support Social Media programs, including adding posts, scheduling events, answering inquiries
Skills & Qualifications
• 3 years experience in a customer service position or office administrative position.
o Experience working with QuickBooks (required)
o Experience working with CRM software (required)
• Tech-savvy (required)
• Intermediate+ Spanish speaking and writing (preferred)
• Arts background / interest in art and arts education (preferred)
• Nonprofit experience (preferred)
• Experience with social media (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Problem solver and self-starter
• Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
• Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Reception_FirstName_LastName" in the subject line.