Public Relations Internship - Visual Arts
Carol Fox and Associates (CF&A), a Chicago-based public relations and marketing agency that focuses on arts, entertainment and lifestyle clients, is proud to offer a practical, educational and enjoyable internship program. CF&A represents leading visual art institutions, non-profits, artists, curators and galleries in the greater Chicago area including Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, EXPO CHICAGO, Andrew Rafacz Gallery, Threewalls, Art on theMART and Weinberg/Newton Gallery, among others. Interns will assist in the implementation of publicity campaigns on a local, regional and national scale, gaining professional experience in creating impactful communications surrounding visual art events, programs and ideas.
This CF&A internship provides participants with access to mentoring and career advice from top-tier communication professionals in this dynamic industry. We are looking for college students and recent graduates interested in gaining solid experience in public relations including research, writing, and event coordination during 2021.
The ideal candidate...
- Is available part-time (two-three days a week)
- Is currently a college junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate
- Has relevant academic focus in art history, public relations, communications and/or journalism
- Has demonstrated interest and experience in engaging with Chicago's visual art community
- Has local and national press contacts
- Is proactive, organized, detail-oriented and a reliable team player
- Is flexible and open to working client-related events outside of typical office hours
- Has outstanding communication and writing skills
The Public Relations Intern reports to the Internship Coordinator/PR Senior Account Executive and other associates on a project basis. Duties include supporting the general public relations efforts within the office. Other specific duties include:
- Write content for and compile press kits and media coverage reports
- Draft publicity materials such as artist biographies, press releases and pitches
- Write pitches and sent to media to secure placements for CF&A clients
- Research and recommend online publicity and promotional opportunities for assigned clients and implement recommendations
- Submit online event listings
- Staff publicity events if available
- Assist with company social media content as needed
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Resume with current GPA