Public Relations Intern-SUMMER | Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Public Relations Intern-SUMMER
Assist members of the public relations team in day-to-day PR activities that support the PR efforts and media opportunities for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. This is an unpaid internship. Applications are currently being accepted for the Summer term (Late June-early September TBD).
Conduct daily clip scans for mentions of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra; maintain clipping files. Research new media contacts to expand the current media database. Work with the CSO’s Publicist on writing assignments and press releases, as assigned. Work with the Communications and Public Relations Coordinator on maintaining calendar event listings and posting press releases online. Gather guest artist materials and information. Service requests for information and photos, as directed by the PR staff. Populate photo folders for media. Assist in day to day press list management. Proofread PR materials. Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
1. Upper level (college junior or senior) and/or graduate student pursuing degrees in English, Arts Management, Public Relations, Music, Journalism or Communications preferred.
2. Knowledge of classical music and prior Communications experience a plus.
3. Experience with research and database population.
4. Detailed oriented; excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
5. Strong computer skills required; HTML knowledge a plus.
6. Must be available 15-20 hours per week; schedule flexible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email: send your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com
All resumes are acknowledged by email upon receipt. No phone calls, please.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.