Project Facilitator/Teaching Artist for OUT OF SIGHT
Recently, Chicago welcomed OUT OF SIGHT, a public art project (modeled after a hopscotch pathway) that invites youth and teens to actively participate in the project and its corresponding program. OUT OF SIGHT’s goals are to engage with audiences of all ages and encourage participants to consider their goals and aspirations and manifest those goals through creative expression. OUT OF SIGHT’s core principles and phrases - exuberance, energy, vision, visualization, enlightenment and serendipity - serve as the foundation for the creative process that participants of all ages will experience when they engage with this project. Installed in English, Spanish, and Mandarin, the project’s goal, especially in Chicago, is to bring Chicago’s youth and teens together in a journey of shared exploration which creates learning opportunities that are scalable for growth.
This summer, the OUT OF SIGHT team is collaborating with the Chicago Park District to launch public programming in the parks, focusing on bringing the OUT OF SIGHT framework to the forefront of participants' minds. We will be working with teen camps at each park to bring the messages of the project: empowerment, self-discovery, and visualizing one’s goals. With consistent programming opportunities over the course of 6 week day camp. We are seeking experienced project facilitators and teaching artists in various disciplines (theater, dance, music, visual arts, fitness and health, etc.). Each facilitator will work directly with youth and teens at multiple park sites throughout the city.
This is a part-time, temporary position for June - August 2019, with the potential for extended work.
● Assist in the development of public programming exploring the principles of OUT OF SIGHT and execute and implement those programs
● Demonstrate OUT OF SIGHT educational program offerings
● Provide a safe learning environment for all OUT OF SIGHT participants
● Assist with the design/coordination of launching and culminating events
● Assist with the training of teen facilitators and park staffers to conduct OUT OF SIGHT activities
● Document activities for weekly reports and social media
● Assist with data collection, attendance tracking and follow up communications
● Other duties, as requested
● Experience teaching teen and pre-teen arts and cultural educational activities
● Highly skilled in one or more discipline(s) (dance, music, visual art, poetry, etc.)
● Knowledge required to teach diverse sets of teen groups
● Demonstrated ability to build and implement unique, innovative, and engaging curriculum
● Proven time management skills
● Genuine willingness and interest in collaborative practices
● Commitment to the core principles of OUT OF SIGHT
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 15th:
● Cover Letter
● Example Lesson Plan (for ages 13-19)
● Submission of the Neighborhood Matching Survey
Any applications without all of the above documents are incomplete, and will not be considered for hire. For more information, visit www.outofsight.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.