The Programs Coordinator of Deeply Rooted Productions (DRP) works under the direction of the Company Manager to manage tasks related to overall program management. Program management tasks are confirmed in concert with the Operation, Creative, and Artistic Directors on a week-to-week basis during the weekly programming meeting. The Programs Coordinator is supervised by and reports to the Operations Director. The Programs Coordinator works with Deeply Rooted staff and consultants as needed. The Programs Coordinator is supported by an intern, leads the weekly programming meeting, and receives performance reviews annually.
ABOUT DEEPLY ROOTED PRODUCTIONS
Deeply Rooted Productions is the umbrella organization of Deeply Rooted Dance Theater (DRDT—https://deeplyrooteddancetheater.org/), Dance Education Programs, Special Projects Division and the planned South Side Dance Center. Deeply Rooted Dance Theater and Dance Education Programs are led by the Artistic Director. The newly established Special Projects Division and South Side Dance Center is led by the Creative Director.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deeply Rooted Productions (DRP) seeks a Programs Coordinator with demonstrated management skills who is a creative, collaborative, and a self-reflective leader with a passion for the arts and its transformative power. The Programs Coordinator will be responsible for providing oversight and management of the organization’s programming activities. The Programs Coordinator, Operations Director, Artistic Director, and Creative Director are jointly responsible for realizing DRP’s goals for artistic excellence, diversified and authentic creativity, fiscal viability, arts leadership cultivation, and community and relationship development. Within this partnership, the Programs Coordinator is charged with infusing the artistic vision of the Artistic Director and Creative Director into initiatives that energize staff, artists, and the community.
The Programs Coordinator directs, oversees, and engages the organization’s staff, consultants, and partners in Dance Education Outreach, Special Projects and Season Performances/Events.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management: (20%)
• Communicate with venues and manage contracts
• Front of House/Event management, including:
o Setup, strike and transportation
o Scheduling Front of House/Event orientation meetings with volunteers and staff a minimum of one week prior to events and performances o Scheduling timely material prep sessions (including program books, inserts, concession items, tables, decorations, etc.) a minimum of two days prior to events and performances
o Completing event setup 90 minutes before performances, 60 minutes before events (celebrations, receptions, parties), and 30 minutes before meetings
• Merchandise sales management in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator
• Draft points for program related contracts (i.e., caterers and other event personnel)
• Manages and accounts for program budgets and expenses related to each project (including cash disbursements and receipts)
• Leads the weekly programming meeting
Data Collection, Analysis and Impact Reporting (20%)
• Work with each department area to determine lead indicators
• Work with each department area to collect relevant data
• Use UpMetrics platform to display the impact of each program per department area
• Report impact data to staff, board members, funders, etc. as needed
Dance Education Outreach (60%)
• Cultivates school, university, and community performances and dance education residency activities
• Draft dance education outreach proposals and contracts
• Facilitate artists, guest artists, staff, and clients in the creation and implementation of dance education outreach programs
• Lead the evaluation of dance education outreach programs
Reporting & Engagement
Reports to: Company Manager
Works with: Artistic Director, Creative/Executive Director, Operations Director, Finance Director
Commensurate with experience for an organization of DRP’s size, this is a part-time contractor position with flexible hours, comp-time, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Application Instructions Please email your resume and a cover letter to the email in this listing by June 30, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The search committee intends to make its decision by or before July 15, 2022, with the intent that the Development Coordinator will begin work on or before July 22, 2022. No phone calls, please. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DRP will acknowledge receipt of applications via email.