PROGRAM MANAGER – EARLY CHILDHOOD & KIDS' MUSIC
Program Manager – Early Childhood and Kids’ Music
The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking a creative and entrepreneurial Program Manager for Early Childhood and Kids’ Music education.
The Program Manager – Early Childhood and Kids’ Music oversees the quality and implementation of the comprehensive curricula for our renowned Wiggleworms program and a variety of instruments and voice for children ages newborn to 12 years as well as the coordination of summer camp programs.
This includes establishing and achieving goals for new student enrollment and student retention, creating and monitoring curriculum, ensuring quality faculty and staff, coaching, and managing faculty and staff to success, and monitoring student satisfaction.
· Works with internal teams (Education, Marketing, and Customer Service), faculty and students to drive program enrollment objectives. Develops innovative programs to attract new students and retain existing students.
· Establishes and monitors curriculum goals and objectives (classes, summer camp, and special events for children and families) for assigned program areas.
· Works with faculty to build a robust class catalog that aligns with student interests and needs, offers an appropriate number of classes in core and specialty subjects, and minimizes class cancellations due to low enrollment.
· Works with faculty to develop classes and activities that maximize student learning and provide a consistently positive Old Town School community experience.
· Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises faculty and staff for assigned program areas including development of new class and workshop initiatives. Plans and facilitates faculty and staff training and meetings for assigned program areas. Enters teacher and accompanist substitutions and special events into payroll log.
· Evaluates faculty and staff performance on an ongoing basis. Develops faculty and staff professionally, and acts as a liaison between faculty and OTSFM leadership.
Bachelor’s degree in Music Education or Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience required, along with two or more years of experience teaching music to young children. Proficiency on one or more of the instruments supervised strongly preferred. Two or more years of program management experience strongly preferred. Experience with supervising teachers and camp programming preferred.
· Ability to lead successfully in a highly collaborative environment.
· Effective communicator.
· Proficiency with technology including Mac and/or PC skills. Familiarity with Google Suite and Filemaker Pro helpful.
· Commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as ongoing personal growth in these areas.
· Availability to work flexible hours including night and weekend hours. May travel to other local facilities or satellite locations.
To be considered for this position, visit: oldtownschool.org/aboutus/employment/
Equal Employment Opportunity
OTSFM is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. OTS strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.
Job Type: Full-time