The International Music Foundation seeks an energetic individual who shares the organization’s enthusiasm for bringing classical music to a wide range of audiences. Reporting to the Executive Director, the program manager will be responsible for planning and executing programming that supports IMF’s mission. He/she will act as the primary liaison with community partners and artists, and will be responsible for the production of all concerts.
Since 1976, The International Music Foundation has been dedicated to presenting free classical music performances and music education experiences in the Chicago metropolitan area for people of all ages and degrees of musical awareness. Our signature programming includes the Dame Myra Hess Memorial Concerts, Rush Hour Concerts, Live Music Now, Do-It-Yourself Messiah and Make Music Chicago.
Vision: A Chicago where classical music is accessible to all
Mission: We believe music to be life-affirming. Our mission is to expand access to classical music; to enhance opportunities for artists early in their professional careers; and to engage audiences in various settings through performance, education, and participation.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, facilitate the advancement of partnerships with participating organizations and manage the programming and production of concerts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage the programming and production of concerts and other programming and events as necessary
- Manage all aspects of the artist applications process for concerts and education programming, respond to applicant inquiries and communicate details of the application process
- Liaison with the Artistic Committee, assign applications to committee members for review, receive and track member comments and recommendations
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify and cultivate partner organizations
- Manage all aspects of contracting artists including: communicating fees, collecting promotional materials and program notes, and providing input to determine program repertoire
- Plan, program and setup pilot performances for new partner organizations
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop Artists Residencies and advise on the selection of artists
- Monitor expenses and provide input for program budgets
- Coordinate radio broadcasts and streaming in collaboration with partner organizations
- Develop assessment tools for evaluating programs and manage the evaluation process
- Provide program narrative for fundraising proposals and activities.
- Create all in-house printed programs
- Maintain and update online calendar listings for all public performances
- Liaison with marketing firm, provide necessary artists and program information for social media posts and print materials
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in music or performing arts management.
- Extensive knowledge of classical music
- Self-starter with demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial, skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including exceptional attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle multiple projects, and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results; proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Commitment to contributing to a team of co-workers focused on providing high-quality music to a wide constituency free of charge.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change
- 1-2 years of experience in planning and executing concert and/or education programming
- 1-2 years of experience working with musicians in an administrative capacity
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, to handle other office equipment
As business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as the International Music Foundation identifies the need at any time.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE.