Program Coordinator - Youth Arts Organization
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Department(s): After School Activities and Gig Coordinator, Operations, Chicago Youth Circus - West Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
CircEsteem values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. CircEsteem is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
CircEsteem’s mission is to unite youth across all backgrounds and identities by fostering self-esteem and mutual respect through the practice and performance of the circus arts. CircEsteem promotes the development of self-esteem, personal success and empowerment by (i) promoting the practice of circus arts; (ii) uniting youth from diverse backgrounds; (iii) providing social and emotional skill building; (iv) providing youth opportunities to participate in leadership training which results in paid opportunities throughout their participation with CircEsteem.
The Program Coordinator’s essential job function is to execute programs including maintaining program infrastructure; personnel management; program promotion and events, and various administrative tasks as needed.
Program Coordination – Afterschool Activities (ASA) and Gigs
- Create and communicate a schedule for ASAs and Gigs
- In conjunction with the Teaching Artist Manager coordinate ASA staff observations
- Organize program documents and other materials essential to programming.
- Obtain photos and short videos from ASA instructors and give to Office Manager bi-weekly.
- Schedule all staff for ASAs and Residencies and Gigs
- In coordination with assigned Program Coordinator, ensure that the required number of youth are signed up for corresponding Gigs and Workshops.
- Manage the logistics and operations of all ASA, In-School Residencies, and Gigs
- Teach at ASAs/Gigs/Workshops when necessary
Program Coordination - Chicago Youth Circus - West
- Manage Saturday circus program in Humboldt Park
- Manage attendance, enrollment, and record keeping
- Communicate with families to boost and maintain enrollment
- Maintain intake database
- Manage staff of Teaching Artists
- Interview potential Teaching Artists to join the CircEsteem roster
- Assist with the organization of supplies and props in the basement and cage
- Manage vehicle schedules and vehicle maintenance
- Participate in CircEsteem program & core staff meetings and staff trainings.
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to teach a variety of circus skills (object manipulation, balance, tumbling, preferred “specialty skills” including gym wheel, aerial arts, trampoline, etc.)
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Flexible with constantly changing situations
- Team player and collaborator
- Independent, critical thinker who has the ability to problem-solve
- Ability to positively communicate with co-workers, administration, and youth
- Salary: $36,000 - $42,000 and commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Contributions toward a 403b retirement account or Health Insurance Plan
- Paid Time Off: 15 days paid leave, 5 days paid sick leave
- Flex Time: Special events and excess overage of hours will result in the awarding of Flex Leave. Flex Leave must be approved by supervisor before additional hours are worked.