Program Coordinator - Performance Troupe
Reports to: Program Director
Department(s): Program Team
Employment Status: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
CircEsteem values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. CircEsteem is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
CircEsteem’s mission is to unite youth across all backgrounds and identities by fostering self-esteem and mutual respect through the practice and performance of the circus arts. CircEsteem promotes the development of self-esteem, personal success and empowerment by (i) promoting the practice of circus arts; (ii) uniting youth from diverse backgrounds; (iii) providing social and emotional skill building; (iv) providing youth opportunities to participate in leadership training which results in paid opportunities throughout their participation with CircEsteem.
CircEsteem is hiring a Program Coordinator to oversee the Performance Troupe (PT) program. The PT program is made up of CircEsteem’s advanced performers (Team) and intermediate performers (Club). These groups perform and practice together and separately, and it will be the responsibility of the coordinator to ensure that youth are:
- i) attending a program that embodies CircEsteem’s mission and values,
- ii) engaged in curriculum that focuses both on advancing their circus and performance skills, and social emotional learning,
iii) actively working on leadership skills through in-program leadership opportunities, decision making opportunities, and organization-wide leadership activities
The PT program generally consists of 5 programming days/week during the school year and 3-5 days of programming during the summer. Times and days vary based on the needs of the program.
CircEsteem is looking for a Program Coordinator with the ability to execute applicable programs including program infrastructure; personnel management; program promotion and events, and various administrative tasks as needed.
- Mentoring and engaging with youth ages 10-19
- In partnership with Lead Coach, create acts and develop shows for gigs and special events, summer tour, winter show, and spring show
- Schedule teaching artists to assigned program
- Supervise and evaluate instructors
- Communicate with families through a monthly or weekly newsletter/flyer, as needed
- Collect and maintain data – intake paperwork, attendance, assessments
- Continuously adapt and improve program effectiveness
- Provide overall structure, support, and ability to problem-solve within assigned program
- Utilize curriculum and submit lesson plans weekly
- Incorporate circus skills within the social and emotional skill building curriculum created by and for CircEsteem
- Maintain props and equipment in partnership with Operations and Program Team
- Provide pictures and videos per Outreach Director request
- Identify professional development opportunities to continue growth and development within role as well as for instructors across programs
- Attend and work special events throughout the year – Gala, Winter Show, Spring Show
- Attend and participate in staff trainings
- Coach on programs assigned by Program Director
- Organize and manage Summer Tour
- Prepare youth and chaperone for various gigs throughout the year
- Strengthen Club to Team pipeline
- Develop Teen Leadership Program in partnership with Summer Camp coordinator(s)
- Experience with physical movement or circus arts (coordinator is not required to be a circus performer, but should be comfortable and willing to learn and develop the necessary skills to lead an advanced performance troupe with support from qualified circus instructors)
- Experience with act development and show creation in a timely and efficient manner
- A minimum of 5 years coordinating a similar program
- Flexible with constantly changing situations
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Team player and collaborator
- Independent, critical thinker who has the ability to problem-solve
- Ability to positively communicate with co-workers, administration, parents, youth, and referring agencies
- Salary: $36,000 – $48,000: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Contributions toward a 403b retirement account or Health Insurance Plan
- Paid Time Off: 15 days paid leave, 5 days paid sick leave
- Flex Time: Special events and excess overage of hours will result in the awarding of Flex Leave. Flex Leave must be approved by supervisor before additional hours are worked.
Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to Jose@circesteem.org to be considered for this position.