The Chicago Center for Music Education (ChiME) utilizes the language of music to improve the lives of diverse children, families, and communities. To guide development of critical skills, we provide access to evidence-based music therapy and education to more than 2,000 students per year.
Our facility is located in the West Town neighborhood and our programs are also delivered at 14 partner organizations, 8 of which are Chicago Public Schools. Our annual budget exceeds $1,000,000 with 4 full-time employees and 18 part-time employees.
As community arts educators and therapists, we have a responsibility to prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion as a crucial part of our work to ensure that our programming:
• helps all children experience interactions that nurture their full range of social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and linguistic abilities;
• presents a curriculum and programming that is bias-free and reflects and models fundamental principles of fairness and justice;
• is delivered by teaching artists and therapists who are skilled in the delivery of culturally responsive pedagogy and who value all children for who they are and what they bring to our community of learners.
We seek a Program Coordinator to provide service to participants and administrative support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide helpful service to participants and employees
• Track student data
• Maintain room schedule
• Coordinate performances
• Facilitate participant communication
• Maintain donor database
• Maintain website content
• Produce donation acknowledgments
• Maintain contact lists
• Monday 3 to 8
• Tuesday 3 to 8
• Wednesday 3 to 8
• Thursday 3 to 8
• Saturday 8 to 4
We seek a candidate who possesses the following qualities:
• Ability to find solutions
• Ability to facilitate information effectively
• Emotional intelligence
• Desire to achieve mutual victories
• Desire to elevate standards
• Experience in music education
Compensation for this position is in the $17 to $20 per hour.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume highlighting relevant work experience and accomplishments. Materials should be sent to email@example.com and include “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS. PLEASE RESPOND VIA EMAIL ONLY.
ChiME is an "at-will" and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants who are disabled may participate in the application process. Please advise us in writing of special needs at the time of application.