Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time 20+ hour Program Coordinator to assist local residents submit videos to CAN TV in person or online. The coordinator processes videos and executes the playback schedule of programming for CAN TV’s five commercial-free cable channels seen in every cable household in Chicago.
CAN TV is an independent 501(c)(3) private foundation established over three decades ago as the public’s space on cable television free of commercialism, content filters, and undue government censorship. On our five local channels you can view the diversity of people and ideas that reflect Chicago, including voices often excluded from mainstream media. A city where residents can freely share their passions and talents with one another is a city that works better. For everyone.
CAN TV is located at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting public access customers
- Processing programs for technical quality
- Maintaining quality of CAN TV’s network during on-air playback of programming
- Data entry and administrative support
- Other related duties and projects, as needed
- Three or more years of excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The department operates 7 days a week including holidays. Must be able to work approximately 24 hours per week (must be able to work weekend & evening hours)
- Flexible schedule
- Computer skills including managing and manipulating digital video files and databases
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects
- Detailed oriented with the ability to follow through on projects and to meet deadlines
- Good judgment and analytical skills
- Understanding of the need for and the role of public access television
- Proficiency in use of video equipment and non-linear editing
- Master Control or Traffic experience
- Some college
- Experience in a nonprofit environment
- Bi-lingual Spanish
This position is part of the NABET/CWA Local 41 bargaining unit at CAN TV with a salary of $15/hour. This position reports to CAN TV’s Program Director.