CAPE brings together art, pedagogy, and research through nurturing and sustaining authentic collaborations between teachers, artists and students working in public schools. CAPE seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to provide administrative, logistical, and communications support for in-school arts integrated programs and other special projects.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Education and assists with the development of programming and teacher and teaching artist professional development. This is an entry level position which, while focused primarily on administrative support, will provide real insight into how an arts organization partners with public schools, and how contemporary arts practice can unfold in the classroom.
CAPE is an equal opportunity employer and we are eager to recruit a diverse pool of candidates who reflect all the talents, values, and experiences that Chicago has to offer.
- Compensation: Competitive, plus benefits
- Status: Full time
- Hours: 35 hours per week; some evenings and weekends required for meetings and special events
- Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for certain benefits, including access to health, dental, and long- and short-term disability insurance, 401k, etc.
- Location: Based at the CAPE Offices at 228 S. Wabash, with frequent travel to schools around the Chicagoland area
- Reports to: Associate Director of Education
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
The Program Coordinator will regularly communicate with and update the Associate Director of Education on program activities and tasks and contribute to the organization in the following ways:
- Maintain teaching artist and teacher database and regular communications with partners
- Produce contracts and administer program documents such as background checks, W9s, and teacher professional development credits
- Coordinate annual Artist/Researcher Partners application process and reporting requirements
- Design, set-up, and edit online teacher documentation portfolios
- Organize and maintain equipment storage and inventory, and oversee equipment circulation
- Assist with new school, teacher, and teaching artist recruitment
- Provide ongoing classroom observations
- Meet with school principals regarding program direction and school needs with Associate Director of Education
- Communicate program updates to Associate Director of Education
- Assist with grant reporting
Professional Development Support:
- Design and facilitate professional development sessions with the Associate Director of Education
- Coordinate teaching artist workshops and forums with the Associate Director of Education
- Schedule times and locations and organize setup of meetings
- Order and coordinate food orders for meetings and special events
- Design and produce materials for public events and meetings
Exhibition and Event Support:
- Coordinate logistics for and co-conceive exhibition and dissemination events with Associate Director of Education
- Design and lead field trip activities for CAPE student exhibitions
- Coordinate school needs, such as ordering school buses for field trips and facilitating any day-of needs for field trips
- Ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of a broad range of artistic practices and a background in interdisciplinary/studio arts, arts education, art history, and/or related field.
- Experience working with public schools, museum education, and/or community arts organizations.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, video editing, and graphic design and layout. Knowledge of media technology a plus.
- Bachelor degree required, BFA or MFA preferred.
- This position requires regular travel to multiple neighborhoods in the City of Chicago as well as surrounding suburbs including South Suburbs, Far Southeast side, Southwest side, Westside and Northside neighborhoods. Candidate must have their own vehicle.
2. At the end of the form, you’ll be asked to upload a single file that should include your resume and a brief cover letter that highlights anything not covered elsewhere or any special work requirements you have. Please use the file naming format detailed on the Google form.
3. Please no emails or phone calls.