Part-time Job Announcement
The Chicago Center for Music Education (ChiME) provides access to evidence-based therapy and
engagement-based music programs that develop critical skills and foster self and social growth.
Our facility is located in the West Town neighborhood and our programs are also delivered at 20 partner
organizations, 12 of which are Chicago Public Schools. We serve approximately 3,000 children per year
and employ 21 staff members.
As community arts educators and therapists, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion as a crucial part of our work to ensure that our programming:
- helps all children experience interactions that nurture their full range of social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and linguistic abilities;
- presents a curriculum and programming that is bias-free and reflects and models fundamental principles of fairness and justice;
- is delivered by teaching artists and therapists who are skilled in the delivery of culturally responsive pedagogy and who value all children for who they are and what they bring to our community of learners.
About the Role
The Program Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Building and front desk operations
- Facilitation of program activity
- Customer service
- Student registration
- Maintenance of student data
- Coordination of student performances
- Room set-up (as needed)
- Open and close of building
Schedule and Compensation
The scheduled hours for the position are:
- Monday from 2:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday from 2:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Saturday from 7:30 am to 4 pm
- $20 per hour.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume highlighting relevant work experience and accomplishments. Materials should be sent to email@example.com and include “Program Assistant” in the subject line. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS. PLEASE RESPOND VIA EMAIL ONLY.
ChiME is an "at-will" and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants who are disabled may participate in the application process. Please advise us in writing of special needs at the time of application.