Professional Picture Framer
Picture Framer Needed
Opportunity to put your artistic design skills to work!
Job Title: Professional Picture Framer
Part-time including weekend availability, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Masterpiece Framing & Imaging seeks a self-motivated individual who likes to be productive and has an appreciation for quality craftsmanship. The primary focus of this position is to frame customer artwork and assist with the production process. We're a small team, and our shop environment has a fun, artistic vibe. You'll be working closely with our Production Manager to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained, proper techniques are used and deadlines are met. The ideal candidate is someone who is proficient at frame assembly but also capable of assisting customers on the retail floor when necessary. We're looking for a positive team player with an eye for detail and the ability to perform a variety of duties with a spirit of cooperation and eagerness to succeed.
- Building and assembly to create a high-end final product
- Handling technically advanced projects: ie. sewing, mounting, oversized projects, etc.
- Handling setbacks in a timely manner and keeping customers aware of any delays
- Monitor, manage and work to optimize the use of materials
- Keep an organized and clean production area
- Assist customers on retail floor
- Shop cleaning and sweeping
- 2 years + picture framing or art/design related experience
- Aptitude for accuracy and a meticulous eye for detail
- Computer Skills
- Experience with POS, Adobe Photoshop and design software is helpful
Job Type: Part-time with the opportunity to grow into full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Evanston, IL 60202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Picture Framing or Art/Design: 2 years (Required)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Evanston, IL
Please email cover letter, resume, and website link to: