Production Manager - Interim
Position: Production Manager - Interim
Position Status: Contractor
Reports to: Executive Directors and Associate Artistic Director
Production Collaboration Team: Asst. Production Manager, Head of Sound, Master Electrician
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat professional theater, as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons.
We are currently looking for an experienced Production Manager to work with us on a short-term, contract basis starting immediately and working through the end of November.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Acts as liaison between the Executive Directors and the technical team.
• Helps ensure the highest production quality within budgetary and schedule limits.
• Ensures that cast, crew, designers and technical staff have the resources they need to do their jobs successfully and in a timely manner.
• Manages production schedules to maximize efficiency and minimize staff costs.
• Oversees the work and completion of all physical production elements and ensures a timely delivery of elements at the highest possible standards.
• Helps to manage and recruit production personnel necessary for the execution of each produced work.
• Tracks production expenses and ensures they align with budget.
• Approves Production Department invoices for payment and submits to the Finance
Department in a timely manner.
• Provides production information and proof material for marketing projects promoting current production, such as show program and other items as needed.
• Attends weekly staff and production meetings.
• Manages quality control of all production aspects throughout the production run.
• Helps to manage and schedule the theatre’s in-house technical staff (two members).
• Working with the Associate Artistic Director, helps to ensure that all cast, crew, designers, and musicians are properly trained and understand Metropolis’ policies and procedures.
• Ensures a safe working environment and compliance with all health & safety and licensing regulations, including liaison with relevant authorities.
• Working with the house technicians, ensures that the theatre’s technical equipment, resources, and facilities are properly maintained and managed.
• Helps to manage the build space facility and ensures that safety and cleaning standards are in place.
• Assists the stage manager as needed throughout the run of the production.
• Any other duties required, commensurate with the scope of the role.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
● Management experience
● Strong communicator
● Prior experience in this role
Metropolis’ Covid Standards & Procedures
The health and safety of our performers, crew, staff, and patrons are our first priority. As such, prior to any in-person callbacks, rehearsals, and performances, performers, crew, and staff will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine with some exceptions. Under the policy, performers, crew, and staff must show proof of vaccination with a matching I.D. at their time of entry into the Metropolis Theatre complex spaces. “Fully vaccinated” means the date of entry into the theatre must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single dose COVID-19 vaccine. Exceptions are being made for performers, crew, and staff who have a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination. These persons must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the rehearsal and/or performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the rehearsal and/or performance start time.
The Metropolis Theatre complex has been disinfected and protected with an EPA and FDA registered antimicrobial coating. These sites are cleaned after each use and daily. The Metropolis Theatre HVAC systems have been sanitized and upgraded to MERV 13 filtration levels. As recommended by CDC guidelines for indoor productions, beyond required performer, crew, and staff vaccinations, all patrons, crew, and staff will be masked when inside the Metropolis Theatre space, except while eating or drinking in designated locations. Performers will be asked to mask during rehearsal when possible and before and after performances. Metropolis will notify patrons, staff, crew, and performers with reminder messaging to ensure awareness of the new policies. Metropolis will meet and exceed the health mandates as determined by the IL Department of Public Health.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.