Citadel Theatre Company seeks an experienced Production Manager for their production of Peter and the Starcatcher. This is a stipend/contract position for dates in September through October. Looking for an organized person to oversee actors and crew on scheduling, budgeting, marketing, and more.
About Citadel Theatre Company
Citadel Theatre Company is a professional theatre company based in Lake Forest, Illinois, located one-hour north of Chicago. Citadel productions include: dramas, comedies, cutting-edge new works, contemporary, and classical selections. Citadel seeks to provide both a creative haven for passionate and visionary directors, writers, actors and designers, as well as a home for audiences that seek to experience the emotional and intellectual richness that quality theatre inspires.
In addition to Citadel’s mainstage productions, Citadel reaches out to community through year round educational programming. Citadel Theatre utilizes theatre games, improvisation, voice development, character work, scene study, and movement to train the next generation of Theatrical Artists. Each class is facilitated by a working theatre professional and experienced educator. Through our programs, students gain confidence and communication skills, learning to integrate creativity with teamwork.
Marketing, Publicity, and Special Events
- In coordination with Marketing and Publicity, work on scheduling of marketing and publicity materials such as press releases, email campaigns, etc.
- Help coordinate scheduling of audition notices
- Work with Marketing and Publicity, Director and Stage Manager on Social Media sites throughout rehearsal process
- Work with Marketing and Publicity on distribution of press material (including photos)
- Aid in booking of press/reviewers to opening and on the press kits
- Work with Office staff on opening night party and lobby presentation
Scheduling and Budgeting
- Work with the Artistic Director and the Director on securing location, staffing and other administrative tasks for all production auditions
- Work with the Director on scheduling and locations of all production rehearsals and meetings, with production team on set/costume design schedules, and strike
- Work with the Managing Director, the Artistic Director and the Director on production budget
- Oversee, in coordination with production team, production budget is maintained
- Oversee, in coordination with production team, all deadlines
- Work with Director and Stage Manager on providing supplies for all scheduled rehearsals and meetings
- Oversee collection and distribution of production materials such as contracts, scripts, etc.
- Must have at least one year in production management or relative experience in live theatre.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to juggle several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adjust priorities and assignments to meet patron and company needs.
- Proficient computer skills
- Proactive attitude and initiative
- Must have reliable transportation
Citadel Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, and resume to Scott Phelps, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org