Production Coordinator, Classical - Ravinia Festival
Ravinia Festival is seeking a Production Coordinator whose main focus will be the classical music concerts presented during the 2020 summer season between June and mid-September. The position is part-time beginning mid-May and full-time June through mid-September. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. There are no technical/on-stage aspects to this position.
Reports to Artistic Producer
Works closely with Artistic Producer, Production Manager, Associate Producer, and Operations Manager
• Manage day-to-day backstage operations and oversee Production Assistants, day schedules, transportation, and dressing room hospitality.
• Liaise with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra personnel managers during their residency with Artistic Producer and Associate Producer.
• Share classical Concert Duty, including artists’ pre-concert and post-concert commitments, with Artistic Producer and Associate Producer, and serve as day-of-venue contact for artists.
• Hire, train and manage Production Assistants and Assistant Production Coordinators with Operations Manager.
• Create weekly Production Assistant and Assistant Production Coordinator work schedules with Operations Manager.
• Maintain master production schedule and production department inventory with Operations Manager.
• Coordinate classical artists’ transportation and hospitality needs.
• Coordinates with the gift shop to sell artist merchandise and facilitate CD signings with Associate Producer.
• Coordinate piano deliveries, moves and tunings.
• Assign dressing rooms for classical concerts and oversee classical artist hospitality.
• Oversee timely creation of classical artists’ arrival packets.
• Oversee classical artists’ backstage guest list.
• Handle petty cash and charge card statements and pay invoices as necessary.
• Participate in production meetings and communicate with artistic, production and technical staff, as well as artists, to ensure proper dissemination of information.
• Arrange for artist doctors as needed.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Familiarity with classical music
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative problem solving and strong organizational skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Great attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Experience supervising staff
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours - this position involves extensive evening and weekend hours, seven days a week
• Familiarity with Excel
• Reliable transportation to and from the festival.
• Clean driving record.
Wage commensurate with experience. Free attendance at all concerts. Some meals provided. Cell phone reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.ravinia.org/Page/Employmen... and are required to provide a cover letter, resume, and a current copy of their driving record. All hiring is conditional on receiving an approved background check. Please no phone calls or emails.
Application deadline is April 15, 2020.
**Driving records are generally available at your local Secretary of State or DMV office.