The Production Coordinator plans and executes Chicago Children’s Choir concerts, including contracted engagements and events produced by the organization. They serve as the first point of contact for artistic collaborators and event producers in bringing to life meaningful performances for youth and communities. This person liaises with venues, audio/visual companies, instrumentalists and other event collaborators. The Production Coordinator reports to the Production Manager and works closely with all departments, especially program staff and faculty.
About CCC School Choir Programs
For 65 years, Chicago Children’s Choir (CCC) has worked to empower and unite youth from diverse backgrounds to find their voice and celebrate their common humanity through the power of music. What began as a small choir in Hyde Park born in the midst of the Civil Rights Movement to foster racial understanding has since grown into a nonprofit with an international footprint that is Chicago’s premier arts education and performing organization. CCC serves thousands of young people ages 8 through 18 from every zip code of Chicago through a vast network of school and after-school programs.
CCC provides transformative programs through partnerships with over 70 schools, 12 community-based after-school music programs, Dimension, an ensemble for singers with changing or changed voices, and the world-renowned Voice of Chicago ensemble. As a national and international touring ensemble, CCC has performed for dignitaries such as former President Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela and former Chinese President Hu Jintao and with artists such as Chance the Rapper, Yo-Yo Ma, Andrea Bocelli, Beyoncé and Celine Dion.
CCC is a civic treasure and model for culturally responsive music education. More than 75% of youth access its programming free of charge and 100% of high school seniors graduate.
- Serve as liaison for all performance venues, vendors and contracted musicians; oversee contractual paperwork and communicate event information
- Facilitate and track expenses and revenue for all productions, including payment of venues, vendors, musicians, and other program related payees, by compiling and submitting all check requests and invoices.
- Field requests for Choir performances
- Assume responsibility for all CCC equipment necessary for production including moving and receipt of all equipment and supplies for concerts
- Create timeline documents per engagement and relay information to all parties involved
- Compile all information needed for concert programs
- Book, order and request all buses and food needs for productions and events
- Provide sheet music and recorded music needs for productions
- Assist with all guest artist needs (travel, accommodations, hospitality, etc.)
- Provide onsite support for productions
- Field requests for CCC’s original music - whether sheet music or recordings- and facilitate access as appropriate
- Collaborate with Development department on performances with corporate partners
- Assist with artistic initiatives, including productions of full-length original works
- In collaboration with artistic staff, support creation of visual components for productions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Excellent project management, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure
- Tech savvy; proficient in Google and with knowledge of A/V equipment
- Flexibility to work after regular office hours for concerts, events and tours
- Experience or interest in the arts and passion for the CCC mission
“OTR” LIFE EXPERIENCE: We know that many of your most character-building experiences — where resilience, grit and grace were required to persevere — do not show up neatly on a resume. So, we want to hear some of those “OTR” (“off the resume”) moments for you. In order to be on the CCC team, EQ (Emotional Intelligence) is not a nice to-have...it’s a must. So, show us your EQ.
A NOT-SO-FUN FACT: We know research tells us that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and people of color tend to only apply when they feel they’ve checked every single box. If you are unsure that you’ve checked every box above, but you think you have what it takes to enhance the CCC as we grow our team, we want to hear from you.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive salary with benefits for full-time employees including paid vacation, medical, dental and life insurance, as well as tax-deferred retirement plan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Chicago Children’s Choir is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.