Production and Operations Specialist
Title: Production and Operations Specialist
Job Location: All Stars Project of Chicago
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt Reports to: Associate Director, Programs & Operations
Are you looking to make a direct impact on youth and poor communities by developing the lives of the people you reach?
Become a part of our growing national non-profit team whose purpose is to bring out the All Star in everybody.
The Production and Operations Specialist is tasked with ensuring operational excellence in event producing, office and fiscal management, information technology and coordination among ASP of Chicago programs and activities. The position will produce events, including major special events, for ASP of Chicago. They will partner closely with regional and national staff to ensure we are producing high-quality, developmental events and programming for our young people and partners. They will drive the process with key staff members of implementing strategies, policies, and best practices for the ASP of Chicago program production and operations, including the opening of new ASP of Chicago offices as we return to in person activities. The Production and Operations Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Programs & Operations.
Special Event and Program Production:
- Plan and manage event production logistics, including communication with staff and other stakeholders for all events, both virtual and in person, for the All Stars Talent Show Network, Development School for Youth, and other program initiatives, in partnership with the directors and associate directors.
- Contribute to annual production and program planning to ensure program plans are reflective of All Stars mission and vision.
- Manage and coordinate special projects as needed to ensure efficient functioning of ASP of Chicago programs and activities.
- Lead the production of major special events, including annual benefits for ASP of Chicago. Production leadership includes, and is not limited to the following:
- Establish goals and objectives for each event.
- Create and manage the timeline for each event.
- Create a concept and script with the Chicago leadership teams and lead the finalization process, including sign off from national leadership.
- Organize volunteer producing teams for events; direct and train volunteers to lead areas of the production.
- Lead all areas of event production including creating and maintaining event timeline, venue selection and management, rehearsals, external vendors, and budget management.
- Manage the smooth running of office functions for the ASP of Chicago’s office and event space, including virtually and in a hybrid transitional period. In the first year of the role, work with national leadership to identify best practices to support a smooth transition back to in person work and programming.
- Manage technology needs and repairs including computers, phones, video conferencing, security, and other office technology for ASP Chicago staff.
- Set organizational and office policies and procedures; communicate them effectively and regularly to all staff and volunteers.
- Manage expense budgets for the ASP of Chicago
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit operations and/or program execution, event production and managing IT systems
- Ability to manage budgets, including managing expenses for events to stay in budget
- Understanding of poverty-related issues and a commitment to creating educational and developmental opportunities for inner-city youth in outside of school contexts
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as external stakeholders (youth, donors, volunteers)
- Proven capacity to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in a diversified workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong business acumen
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong administrative skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Database and online proficiency required
- Flexibility in schedule; with periodic weeknight and Saturday hours required
- Providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
About the All Stars Project:
Through the developmental power of performance, the All Stars Project (ASP) transforms the lives of youth from poor and underserved communities, in partnership with caring adults, giving everyone the opportunity to grow. While the ASP’s afterschool programs include hip-hop talent shows, training in theatre and the arts, and programs where we partner with the business community to help young people create a professional performance, we are doing so much more – we are building community and imagining possibility. Founded in 1981, the ASP is headquartered in New York City, and currently operates in five locations across the United States (New York, New Jersey, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago and Dallas). The ASP is primarily privately funded, with 2/3 of our support coming from individuals.
Each year, All Stars afterschool development programs involve tens of thousands of inner-city young people and adults from all walks of life in transforming their lives and communities. The ASP believes afterschool is the best way to bring young people growing up in poor communities into the mainstream. They start to connect to opportunities, to the world of success, to the business community and have experiences that are very far from where they come from, sparking their desire to learn and grow.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply through our website at allstars.org/careers or by visiting our Career Center.
To access the Career Center, internal applicants click here and external applicants click here. If there is currently not a position open be sure and join our Talent Community to stay updated on other job opportunities. To learn more about All Stars Project, please visit our website at https://allstars.org/