Private Piano Teacher
Are you seeking a part-time job where you love what you do, and get to utilize your own passion for music by teaching and inspiring the next generation of musicians?
Northside Music Academy, located in the peaceful and scenic Edgebrook neighborhood of Chicago, is seeking passionate and dedicated piano instructors to join our amazing team of music teachers. We are a fast-growing music academy committed to delivering a high quality music education to each of our students, no matter their experience level! Working with many talented, friendly colleagues and a great group of families and students each day, NMA is a wonderful and welcoming place to be.
We currently have openings for piano teachers to take over pre-existing full studios on Tuesdays (approx. 3pm - 9pm), Thursdays (3pm - 9pm) and potentially Saturdays (approx. 9am-3pm), as well as openings to build teachers brand new studios on Fridays (approx. 3pm - 9pm) and Saturdays (approx. 9am - 3pm). We are hiring multiple candidates, so applicants do not to be available for every day listed to be considered.
- Lessons take place on location at our renovated, modern facility in Edgebrook.
- This position is for both in-person and online lessons (students may utilize either option as suits their individual needs and/or health precautions).
- Pay is competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Administrative work such as enrollment, recital execution, and scheduling is all handled by NMA staff so that you can just focus on teaching!
- No cancellation policy - Teachers are compensated for all scheduled lessons regardless of attendance
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Piano Performance preferred
- Passion for teaching and teaching experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- High level of musicianship and personal responsibility
- Ability to teach beginning through advanced levels
- Access to reliable transportation is a plus
- Experience with ABRSM, MTNA, or Royal Conservatory graded testing is a plus
All teachers, staff, parents, and students are required to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are also provided, and the studio is equipped with UVC air purifiers. Students are asked to switch to online lessons when ill.