Position: Piano Instructor
Location: Chicago, IL
Organization Description: FAME Center was established as a 501(c)(3) in 2018 with a mission to provide transformative multi-disciplinary arts education to youth and adults in the Chicago-area. Founded on the belief that everyone should have access and opportunity to experience the arts, FAME Center is dedicated to removing any barriers to receiving a high-quality arts education.
Description of Position: The piano instructor will teach in-person and online private lessons. The piano instructor will be part of a team of instructors that will inspire all participating students and be responsible for maintaining a standard of excellence for FAME Center. The ideal candidate will support our mission of delivering high quality arts education to underserved communities.
• Teach individual piano lessons in person and virtually for youth and adults.
• Maintain teaching schedule and communications with students.
• Prepare students for recitals and performances in the community.
• Participate in faculty meetings as necessary.
• Evaluate student progress on an annual basis.
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or Performance. Previous teaching experience. The ability to work with young children. Experience and desire to work with children and adults from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. Ability to teach beginning through advanced levels required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.