Part Time Marketing & Communications Coordinator - OUT OF SIGHT
ABOUT OUT OF SIGHT
OUT OF SIGHT is a project of See the Vision, Grab the Vision, a 501(c)(3) dedicated to helping every young mind celebrate their own potential through creative expression and self discovery.
For the third year in a row, the Chicago Park District hosted OUT OF SIGHT, renowned conceptual artist Lawrence Weiner's participatory public art installation, in six Chicago parks. The outdoor installations combine wit and whimsy in a game-like format based on a hopscotch pathway, encouraging participants and passers by to reflect and explore self-actualization through the artist’s signature typographic texts.
In 2020, the Chicago Park District will host over twenty of the OUT OF SIGHT marelles (French for “hopscotch”) in neighborhoods across the city. These marelles will be strategically placed in locations with heavy teen populations in need of positive engagement activities at a critical time in their lives. OUT OF SIGHT Chicago is positioned to provide teen leadership, skill building opportunities, and special events for youth across multiple Chicago neighborhoods. OUT OF SIGHT Chicago will offer participants exposure to concept design, idea/goal development, and visualization in order to realize projects alongside skilled local artists in Music, Dance, Visual Arts, and New Media.
OUT OF SIGHT’s Guiding Intentions
- Access to Safe Spaces via Active Public Art Zones
- Provide Teen Leadership & Strategic Skill Building Opportunities
- Encourage Cross-Cultural Sensitivity and Exchange
- Teach Concept Design & Idea/Goal Development
- Offer Music, Dance, Fine Arts and New Media Programming
The Communications Coordinator will work under the direction of the Regional Director to develop and maintain OUT OF SIGHT Chicago’s social media, press releases, and constant contact platforms. This will include documenting and producing content for the organization’s marketing and communications efforts by highlighting OUT OF SIGHT specialized teen camps, special events, public activations, skill workshops, and partner field trips. The perfect candidate will have design, photography and videography skills with an eye for capturing engaging moments during OUT OF SIGHT programming and events. Must be action-oriented, collaborative, and be willing to adjust on a moment’s notice. Being a self starter with independent follow-through and great attention to detail with an openness to iterative problem-solving are a good fit.
- Content creation for Social Media including photo, video, and copy for Instagram and Facebook
- Coordinating with OUT OF SIGHT Teaching Artists and Ambassadors/Influencers to create marketing and communications campaign content and cross-promotions
- Produce weekly progress reports and regular evaluation and tracking reports based on impressions and interactions
- Interact with and document the public, teaching artists, and youth campers at OUT OF SIGHT activations and programming
- Write and distribute communications calendar items and individual Press Releases
- Edit photos and videos for immediate turnaround sharing
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
3+ years of some if not all of the following types of experience:
- Graphic Design, Photography and/or Videography experience
- Photo and video editing with knowledge and experience using Adobe Suite tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, etc.
- Social Media and other online marketing platforms including Instagram, Facebook, MailChimp, etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Accurate bookkeeping, thorough self reporting and program review
- Teamwork-oriented, flexible ethos, with a track record of successful collaboration
All OOS programming occurs citywide. Candidates must have a vehicle and be able to travel to any one of the 77 Community Areas in the city of Chicago on any given day.
Reports To: OUT OF SIGHT Regional Director - Chicago
Hours: Part-time; hours include 20 hours per week with some weekends and nights during summer months
Start Date: January 2020
Please submit Resume or CV and a minimum of five samples of marketing materials, social media campaigns/content, photo and video work made within the last 3 years to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30th, 2019.