Part time Executive Director
The Chicago Jazz Orchestra Association (CJOA) seeks a part-time Executive Director to manage its operations. By overseeing the administrative structure of the CJOA, the Executive Director plays a critical role in its development and success.
Specific Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
• Comprehensive fundraising responsibilities including grant and individual donor development in coordination with the organization’s grant writer and Board of Directors
• Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of the Orchestra's artistic objectives in coordination with the Artistic Director
• Assist with public relations, promotion, and marketing/audience development initiatives
• Coordination/planning of Board of Directors meetings including agenda and report preparation
• Coordinate and support educational performances and activities produced by the CJOA
Management Skills and Attributes
• Ability to raise money through interpersonal contact and other effective means of communication
• Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills
• Effective collaboration, leadership and creative skills
• Marketing experience and social media skills extremely helpful
• Salary commensurate with experience
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Organization
The CJOA is a 501c3 organization, and its jazz orchestra is comprised of some of Chicago’s top musicians. The CJO is Chicago’s oldest professional jazz orchestra in continuous operation as well as one of the oldest jazz repertory orchestras in the country.
The CJOA is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.