Part Time Chapter Director for APA Chicago
American Photographic Artists (APA) is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit association for professional photographers. The American Photographic Artists is a leading national organization run by and for professional photographers. With a culture that promotes a spirit of mutual cooperation, sharing and support, APA offers outstanding benefits, educational programs and essential business resources to help its members achieve their professional and artistic goals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with chapters in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Charlotte, the Northwest and Washington, DC, APA strives to improve the environment for photographic artists and clear the pathways to success in the industry. Recognized for its broad industry reach, APA continues to expand benefits for its members and works to champion the rights of photographers and image-makers worldwide.
Job Description and Duties - Regional (Chapter) Director for American Photographic Artists (APA) Chicago
The primary duty of the Director is to oversee the operations of APA Chicago working under the direction of the Chicago Board of Directors. This person handles all the administrative aspects of the chapter and has a high degree of responsibility. This is a part time, paid, work from home position. Applicants should have a strong interest and knowledge of the photography industry. The ideal candidate will be organized, professional, eager to learn, and have writing, marketing, design and bookkeeping skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• You are the account holder for all of APA Chicago’s needs. This includes e-mail, webpage, phone services, etc.
• Money management/bookkeeping. You hold the chapter’s debit/credit card and checkbook to the local bank and control the chapter’s funds. You must file for taxes annually and file Annual Reports to the state of IL.
• Customer relations, you maintain members needs. You are the critical correspondent for the chapter. You answer all the phone calls and e-mails.
• Event Planning – APA Chicago plans about 10 events a year for members and the photography/advertising communities.
• You participate in local events. You are the holder of all the APA fliers and membership forms, which are dispersed at the chapter’s meetings as well as store and transport some property (tables, chairs, projector, signage) to and from events.
• Marketing of each event including e-blasts, social media and website updates.
• You take a monthly conference call with all the regional directors of APA and attend the monthly local board meetings.
• Twice a year you must attend (in-person or by phone) the national meeting in NYC or LA.
• Fundraising – sourcing sponsorships.
• New business/sales – increase new membership.
• Works well with team and volunteers – takes direction and is a team player.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com