Part Time Audience Services Associate
Part-Time Audience Services Associate
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates to join its team of highly skilled Audience Services Associates. This position is part-time and will work approximately 12-15 hours per week while the theatre is dark, scheduled on a monthly basis. Hours will increase to approximately 15-25 when shows are running. While evening hours are only required when performances are running, a flexible schedule, including some weekend availability, is strongly preferred. Core box office hours are Tuesday – Saturday from 12pm to 5pm, with extended hours when shows are running.
This position reports to the Audience Services Manager and Audience Services Supervisor and works as part of a team of trained associates. Paid training will be provided.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as a pleasant, professional resource while providing excellent customer service by phone, email and in person (when performances resume)
- Process membership sales, ticket sales and exchanges independently using Tessitura CRM
- Guide patrons through various options for unused ticket value from cancelled shows, and process transactions involving those funds
- Answer questions about performances, tickets and memberships, recommending the best options for patrons where requested
- During will-call, hand out tickets, manage lines and assist patrons in person
- Successful candidates will be able to:
- Be patient and solve problems independently, maintaining a calm demeanor
- Multi-task while paying close attention to details
- Learn and retain policies and procedures
- Adapt quickly to changing procedures and new information
- Customer service experience, preferably in a box office or other fast-paced setting
- Computer proficiency including use of Microsoft Office, instant messaging and web browsers
- Superior phone skills and confidence interfacing with the public
- Ability to multi-task and handle complex questions with confidence
- Experience with ticketing software preferred; Tessitura experience is ideal but not required.
Salary: $15.25 an hour. Part-time employees are eligible for Steppenwolf's dental plan, as well as vision insurance, a pre-tax Ventra card, and a 401(k) retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references by following this link by 01/06/22
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.