OUT OF SIGHT Graphic Design Intern
OUT OF SIGHT Chicago seeks a talented Graphic Design intern to work with our Managing Director and our Chicago Regional Lead on creating materials that include consistent visual identity and visual elements to accompany our variety of installations and educational programs. An ideal candidate must have a keen eye for detail as well as a vision for consistent design, for both digital and print.
OUT OF SIGHT, a participatory installation designed for all walks of life by conceptual artist Lawrence Weiner, is See The Vision, Grab The Vision’s inaugural project. This project is all about confidence, positive energy, happiness, visualization, awareness, enlightenment, and activation.
See The Vision, Grab The Vision is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that brings together creative arts and culture through its guiding principles of “visualization,” “enlightenment,” and “empowerment.” Our organization is guided by core human values and the spirit of confidence and seeks to promote the power of self-discovery and learning in unconventional ways.
Our organization’s goal is to engage participants from all walks of life, but focuses its curricula on school-age children (K-12). See the Vision, Grab the Vision invites young minds around the world to visualize their intentions and goals, helping them celebrate their own creative potential through artistic empowerment, technological advancement, and digital activation.
- Assisting in creating graphic elements and photo editing for website and print and digital materials
- Creating new materials with consistent visual language for OOS based on existing logo and design guidelines
- Developing visual content and design layouts for OOS’s social media updates and email newsletters
- Supporting the management of visual assets
- An interest in the contemporary art world, arts education, or social impact fields
- Currently in school or recent graduates with a focus in graphic design or related field of study
- A portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in design programs and ability in visually communicating consistent brand identity and aesthetics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in illustration, photo editing, and video editing preferred but not required
- Self-determined, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a high level of creativity and out of the box thinking