Title: Operations Manager
Supervised by: CEO/Lead Designer
Supervises: Studio Fabricators
Classification: Part-Time, option for Full Time
Date: March 2021
WHO WE ARE
Iron & Wire is Chicago’s premier, high-end metal fabrication studio. We design and fabricate custom work in our spacious Humboldt Park studio. We are designers, fabricators and artists. Our work is featured in design magazines and is in demand coast to coast.
WHAT WE DO
We design and fabricate custom works in metal, wood and glass. Our main products include Feature Stairs, custom steel and glass doors, unique built ins, custom furniture and fine art fabrication for nationally recognized artists.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the successful execution of processes and procedures to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s functions. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day accounting operations and for managing and maintaining employee schedules. These responsibilities also include ordering project supplies and supporting the day to day customer relationships. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and collaborating with employees is essential in this position. The ideal candidate is a highly organized and efficient professional with administrative experience and a basic understanding of the tenets of finances and project coordination.
This position works directly with the CEO/Lead Designer
Manage Accounting Function - 25%
- Organize day-to-day accounting (Quickbooks), including accounts payable and receivable, material allocations and price comparisons.
- Monitor general accounting practices, budgeting, and help develop internal accounting controls.
- Report and file employee payroll bi-monthly.
- Invoicing on overdue accounts and vender invoices.
- Drafting and delivery of project proposals for review by CEO.
Manage Facilities Operations - 30%
- Manage front-desk and office operations.
- Manage building operations including maintenance, cleaning, daily upkeep and other building logistics.
- Improve the existing procedures for outgoing and incoming resources and inventory tracking for project supplies and office operations.
- Manage requests for materials, proposals and project supplies.
- Help with project management and building improvements.
Support Operational Processes and Improvement - 30%
- Draft proposals for new projects and communicate with new clients
- Execute internal systems and procedures to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organization.
- Provide management for material acquisition and price comparison.
- Expand and develop vendor and client lists.
Support Human Resources Function - 15%
- Coordinate training, scheduling and quarterly reviews of current employees.
- Log time off requests and sick days.
- Help facilitate recruitment, hiring of new staff.
- Communicate with clients on current and past project satisfaction.
- BA or BS Degree required; in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred. Construction industry experience a plus.
- 2+ years operations experience.
- 3+ years experience in bookkeeping, budget management, and financial reporting, preferably in a design/build construction firm. Strong office and administration skills, with refined ability to organize and schedule tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare well-organized project proposals and employee reviews.
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making.
- Ability to work within a small collaborative environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong attention to detail required.
- Computer proficiency (Mac) in word-processing and data entry.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks online required.
HOW YOU APPLY
Please email email@example.com with cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.