About Natya Dance Theatre:
Natya Dance Theatre (NDT), under the artistic leadership of Hema Rajagopalan, is one of the most critically acclaimed and culturally treasured Indian dance companies in the United States. Natya was founded in 1974, in Chicago, IL. The highly innovative work of NDT offers profound and subtle expressions of humanity’s deepest questions and values in the context of our present-day lives. Rooted in Bharata Natyam, one of the great classical dance theater forms of India, NDT preserves and perpetuates Bharata Natyam in all its classical rigor, and moves the art form in innovative directions to foster cultural exchange through dance. NDT’s contemporary interpretations incorporate dynamic body movement, rhythmic footwork, hand gestures and facial expressions to convey meaning and emotion that create rasa, aesthetic experiences that spiritually transform audiences worldwide.
NDT seeks to employ a dedicated, experienced Operations Manager who is comfortable working independently. This position ensures the proper working of all aspects of the organization through administrative work, internal and external communications, event coordination, marketing, grant writing and other fundraising efforts.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enrollment of new students, parent communications, maintenance of student databases, payment processing of tuition and fees through registration platform (StudioWorks).
The Company and Presenting Series
- Act as booking agent to procure performances through both mainstream and Indian presenters. Primarily for the main season (When needed)
- Management and delivery of contracts.
- Provide all logistical and administrative support for performances (virtual and in-person).
Outreach programs and events
- Coordinate all Outreach events including master classes, residencies in Chicago Public schools, and events at museums and libraries.
Marketing and PR
- Writes, edits, and proofreads promotional materials and other marketing materials.
- Works with a Marketing firm on special projects. (as needed)
- Maintains Natya online presence via the website and social media platforms.
- Represents Natya at arts and community events (performances by other companies, marketing events, funders events, etc.)
- Writes funding proposals (foundation, Government, corporate) in consultation with Artistic Directors.
- Maintains fundraising and Grant reporting calendars to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists in articulating the organization’s programs, projects, and mission.
- Coordinates fundraising events in consultation with the Board and Artistic Directors
- Maintain Board Meeting calendar and proceedings.
- Distribute pertinent information to Board members (as needed)
- Minimum of 5 years management experience (required)
- Grant writing experience (preferred)
- Database management experience (preferred)
- Payment processing experience (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently Strong organization skills with and eye for detail and efficiency
- Full-Time position
- salary range $40,000-$55,000 -- based on experience level
- reimbursement of Health Insurance for employee
- Simple IRA contribution matching
- Two weeks paid vacation
*Natya Dance Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to upholding an environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.