Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant is full-time, salaried position, responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the office as well as providing administrative support to our Artistic Director & CEO. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the office management concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports directly to the Managing Director. Position is work from home until new facility opens in February 2021.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for Artistic Director & CEO Research and creates presentations for Artistic Director & CEO.
- Maintain touring company’s calendar, book travel arrangements and communications.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Support the management of volunteer program.
- Supervise hourly front desk staff growing into department management as the organization grows.
- Answer and direct phone call.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Order office supplies.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Book meeting rooms, conference calls, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate office procedures.
- Reply to general company email and route as needed to appropriate staff.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Resolve administrative problems.
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail.
- Other duties as assigned
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a commitment to maintaining Red Clay Dance Company’s unique voice while improving the quality, content and format of all correspondence.
- Ability to manage workflow and plan/coordinate the work of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders, patrons, performers, and employees.
- Strong focus on results with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability.
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- Flexibility, Resiliency, and Problem- Solving Ability - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Self-Management, Planning & Organizing - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
- Belief in Red Clay Dance Company’s Mission.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Proven administrative or assistant work experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
COMPENSATION: Salary, Competitive, Monthly Health Benefit Stipend.
APPLICATION AND INQUIRIES: Please submit the following documents in a one PDF document.
Cover Letter, Resume , 2 References
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Red Clay Dance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To learn more about our Company and History visit: www.redclaydance.com