Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request resumes for an Office Manager. As an organization we live to awaken "glocal" change through creating, performing and teaching African Diaspora inspired work---change that transforms cultural and socio-economic imbalances in our local and global community.”
This position is responsible for the coordination and oversight of our organization’s administrative and office management functions, along with providing direct admin support to the ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/CEO. The Office Manager will also support other staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Proven ability to managing confidential and time sensitive material. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately, timely and high quality. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while executing a wide degree of creativity and autonomy. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, high performer able to exist in a fast-paced, creative non-profit. Reports directly to the ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/CEO.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing administrative processes and systems to make them more efficient.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Manage updates to policy and procedures, employee and independent contractor manual.
- Reply to general company email and route as needed to appropriate staff.
- Managing & coordinating distribution of pay for contracted staff
- Take accurate minutes of staff meetings.
- Manages office flow and coordinate internal team building initiatives
- Opening and closing the office.
- Responsible for answering office phone during business hours.
- Develop strategies to increase quality of customer service provided by our office to stakeholders, staff, customers, volunteers etc.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques for the organization.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Place and receive program supplies orders as delegated by Program Manager.
- Book space needs for organization within Red Clay Dance’s Fuller Park facility.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Receive, sort and distribute the office mail.
- Manage Petty Cash Fund
- Serve as the liaison between Artistic Director/CEO and Touring Company members for any administrative concerns
- Manage Calendar for CEO, organize and schedule meetings.
- Research and create presentations for CEO.
- Maintain the Professional Dance company calendar, book travel arrangements, and communications.
In support of Artistic Director/CEO:
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills,
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Commitment to learning and maintaining Red Clay Dance Company’s unique voice through all written communication while improving the quality, content and format of all correspondence.
- Ability to manage workflow and plan/coordinate the work of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders, patrons, performers, and employees.
- Strong focus on results with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability.
- Associates Degree in Business, Admin Management or related field or 3-5 years of progressive work experience in Office Management or Admin Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Proficient in social media platforms
- Proven work experience in HR/Operations related functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Access to an automobile
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds at a time unassisted
Job Type: Part-Time (30 hours per week)
Salary, commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION AND INQUIRIES
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Employment references
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Red Clay Dance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To Learn more about our Company and History please visit: