At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s Operations Department. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Office Manager functions as the main point of contact for all office-management, IT, and facilities-related needs while assisting with new employee training and on-boarding. Our ideal candidate will be self-directed and detail-focused, and is eager to establish close working relationships with many different constituencies in a fast-paced, creative workplace, with the goal of optimizing organization and systems to ensure a pleasant and cheerful environment for everyone on our property.
This position is part of a larger Operations team that is responsible for overseeing operations, finance, human resources, facilities and IT, as well as line producing all production and touring activities. The Office Manager is entrusted with balancing organizational priorities and daily human experiences of the office.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure efficient use of resources, develop and improve self-sustaining systems for tracking and organization. Work closely with Director of Finance & Operations to envision and enact more efficient processes in areas of responsibility.
- Vendor management, negotiation, and relationship maintenance. Periodic review of all outside contracts and service agreements.
- Manage space use/conference call calendar.
- Work alongside the Operations team to develop, influence, and nurture the Company culture; participate in community-building work across departments; acknowledge birthdays and work anniversaries and find moments of connection.
- Operations Department administrative support, including: monitor general voicemail, sort mail and submit POs, refill postage machine, organize secure and environmentally-friendly disposal as needed.
- Lead set-up and break-down for Company-wide meetings.
- Supervise full-time Custodian
- Uphold kitchen standards of cleanliness and responsibility among staff.
- With assistance from a Consultant, create and maintain preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for all mechanical systems and fixed assets. Make improvements recommendations.
- Manage maintenance, IT and office service requests.
- Function as main liaison with IT firm, providing light end-user computer support. Responsible for maintaining and tracking all computers and software licenses.
- Develop, supervise and coordinate published safety and security procedures, including alarm and evacuation training for staff. Maintain key storage and documentation.
- With Director of Finance & Operations, manage relevant lines of budget.
- Primary contact for occasional late night/early morning phone calls regarding potential false alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Minimum two years relevant work experience. This position is on the front lines of receiving and prioritizing requests for assistance and repair; you exude positivity and empathy and enjoy solving staff problems.
- Extremely detail-oriented; optimization and efficiency excite you.
- Strong sense of fun and talent for contributing to an upbeat community vibe.
- Ability to work independently and use own judgment to coordinate the needs of the office; flexibility and a “team player” sensibility essential.
- Initiative, timely follow-though and generative problem-solving; ability to adapt to changing priorities with grace and ease under time constraints.
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills that allow the individual to function in a variety of settings among widely different groups of people.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds unassisted.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (.pdfs only). Please include OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.