NY Kids Club & Preschool- Chicago; Lead Preschool Teacher
We are looking for passionate Lead Preschool Teachers to bring learning to life and drive our mission of instilling a lifelong love of learning. You will be responsible for implementing our unique, creative, and original curriculum supporting the development of the whole child in our NY Preschool and Enrichment programs.
NY Kids Club - Chicago & NY Preschool is Lincoln Parks premier children's enrichment center and preschool program originating in New York. Our industry-renowned curriculum is cultivated by our creative, talented, forward-thinking teams. We set the standard for innovative, stimulating children's classes, preschool, day camps, birthday celebrations, and special events. NY Kids Club - Chicago & NY Preschool boasts a company culture that nurtures talent and promotes high-performing team members on the basis of merit. We pride ourselves on an environment that calls for people who are fun-loving, have a great sense of humor, have pride in what they do, and strive to build our community.
As a NY Kids Club - Chicago Lead Preschool Teacher, you will:
- Implement our unique, creative and original curriculum supporting students in their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth
- Assess each student’s abilities and progress throughout the school year
- Be familiar with the National Association of the Education of Young Children and the Department of Health compliance and standards
- Uphold the NY Kids Club pillars of customer services
- Have a high level of enthusiasm and professionalism
- Effectively communicate the day to day activities and development with parents and caregivers
Desired Skills + Qualifications:
- At least 19 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of an approved credentialed Bachelor’s program (Early Childhood Education, Special Education or related field) required
- Professional Educator License (PEL) with an Early Childhood Education endorsement or Type 04 required
- 2 years of Early Childhood, Preschool, kindergarten or daycare experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent observation and supervision skills
Lead Teachers must have a PEL endorsement in Early Childhood Education or Type 04 Teaching Certification or in the process
- Eligibility for health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-the-job training and ongoing professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Summer Camp Teaching opportunities with additional compensation
- Reduced gym-cost membership
- Access to preferred seating and special offers for top shows, attractions, theme parks, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels, and much more through Plum Benefits
- Commuter benefits through TransitChek
- Company-wide events and team bonding activities
- Energetic and collaborative team environment
Health and Safety at NY Kids Club:
- All adults (team members, caregivers, and visitors) are required to provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination to enter our centers
- Individuals awaiting results of a COVID-19 test due to potential symptoms or contact with a positive COVID-19 case are required to stay home
- Hand-washing is required upon arrival and throughout participation in programs.
- Physical distancing will be utilized during instruction whenever possible
- Face coverings are required by adults (team members, caregivers, and visitors) and children (ages 2 and above) in the center at all times
- All team members and families must follow current travel guidelines. A negative COVID-19 test is required to return to the center after travel
- Classroom "pods" will be maintained as much as possible
- The daily schedule is planned with safe and effective transitions for each group to travel from their classroom to the gym/bathrooms
- All team members help to ensure that each room/space is effectively cleaned between each group and throughout the day. Daily sign-offs are required to timestamp and confirm that the cleaning assignments are carried out
- All team members, students, participating adults, and visitors are required to complete a health check before entering our centers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
At NY Kids Club & NY Preschool, we strive to be an inclusive and diverse community where all team members work in an environment that is accepting of everyone. We celebrate our differences and lead with kindness and respect. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. These are our guiding principles that apply to all terms of employment, including promotions, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The NY Kids Club complies with all requirements set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act, City, State, and Federal law. If you require any accommodation in the completion of this application, please reach out to the Talent Department.