Musical Theatre Camp Instructors
The Improv Playhouse is seeking Musical Theatre Camp Counselors/Instructors for Summer 2020! We are offering performing arts camps in the Libertyville and Highland Park area for ages 8-18 (1st – 12th grades).
We are seeking dynamic, high-energy instructors who are passionate about inspiring students and having fun! This is a paid position, commensurate with experience. Teaching or camp counselor experience is preferred. All camps run Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. This year, we are offering five unique camps running from 6/8 - 8/7 in Libertyville and 6/15- 8/7 in Highland Park. These camps include these themes:
- PRECAMP: 6/8 – 612 – Spongebob Showcase
- SESSION ONE: 6/15-6/26 - Snow White
- SESSION TWO: 6/29 - 7/10 - Aladdin
- SESSION THREE: 7/13 -7/24- Wicked Showcase
- SESSION FOUR: 7/27 - 8/7 - Beauty and Beast
All instructors will help teach children the process from rehearsal to performance, proper technique for vocal and choreography, and help in creating a final showcase for the camp themes.
Skills & Qualifications:
Theatre Applicants should be/have
- Be College age or older or High School graduate or equivalent and have completed the IP’s CIT program.
- Theatre Experience: Directing a musical theatre production preferably with youth, choreography, and experience with music/vocals
- Experience working with youth in a camp or classroom setting
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
Theatre Applicants should be able to:
- Must participate in staff orientation and training.
- Assist in Transporting Campers to/from our Before and After Care Program
- Address stressful situations with campers and parents.
- Adapt to an extremely active environment and be on feet for most of the day
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, and dress.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents.
- Inform the directors of any camper, parent, and / or staff problems.
Please send resume, cover letter and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org